Details: Hourly living wage, flexible working hours.
We’re seeking an Office and Small Business Associate to play several critical roles within our nonprofit social enterprise:
- Coordinate key activities needed for the office to run effectively
- Provide office support for Small Business Services team
Position type: Part-time (15-20 hours per week)
Who We Are
Pacific Community Ventures envisions a world of thriving communities where everyone has a fair shake. Our mission is to invest in small businesses, create good jobs for working people, and make markets work for social good. We achieve our mission through a combination of fair lending, free mentorship, skilled volunteerism, impact investing consulting services, and field-building research. Pacific Community Ventures has two primary programs that strengthen small businesses located in and/or hiring from underinvested areas.
Our Small Business “Loans + Advice” fund provides affordable small business loans to bridge the “missing middle” between startup capital and financing from banks. Our loans are often used to secure or expand a space, purchase equipment, or to increase inventory to meet demand. We don’t require a minimum credit score, and specialize in working with small business owners who’ve had a hard time accessing capital, like female entrepreneurs, immigrant entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs of color, and borrowers that may have been turned down for SBA or traditional bank loans.
Our Small Business Advising program connects small business owners with expert advisors who help them meet their challenge and seize new opportunities. We put volunteerism to work for local communities by managing a national network of seasoned entrepreneurs, skilled professionals, and senior leaders from major banks, consulting firms, and bigger companies who want to use their hard-earned business knowhow to create more opportunity in our communities.
Why You’re Needed
We’re a dynamic, growing nonprofit social enterprise and we need an energetic go-getter who can take on multiple roles. We are willing to train someone who is a hard worker and interested in learning. This is a unique opportunity to build experience within the social impact sector, while getting the opportunity to work closely with the CEO and the heads of Small Business and Finance / Operations.
Coordinate key activities needed for the office to run effectively (70%)
- Manage the day to day activities of the office
- Coordinate or provide IT support
- Prepare materials for and plan internal and off-site meetings, including Board of Directors’ meetings
- Support finance team
- Salesforce maintenance
- Support external communications and scheduling for the President & CEO
Assist Small Business team (30%)
- Organize documents and filing for borrowers
- Collect current information from borrowers and advisors
- Data analysis projects
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Highly motivated self-starter, exceptionally well organized and detail-oriented, able to juggle many activities with grace and good humor
- An outstanding writer
- Microsoft Office skills; experience with Salesforce preferred
- Current student or Bachelor’s degree
- 1 year professional experience (including internships)
- Spanish speaker a plus
- We are especially interested in candidates who have direct experience with the communities we serve
Level of Language Proficiency
English required, Spanish speaker a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a résumé and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com with the words “Office and Small Business Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
We aim to be a diverse and inclusive place to work. We value new perspectives, original ideas and different ways of working. We believe that diverse views and experiences improve the way we do our work. PCV is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.