Amber Charter Schools provide our students with an academically rigorous and well-rounded education, along with strong character development, which will enable them to prosper in their future endeavors.
Amber Charter School East Harlem was founded in 2000 as the first Latino-led charter school in New York State. It currently serves 500 K-5 students. Amber Charter School Kingsbridge opened in 2016 and serves 420 K-4 students. A third school has been approved to open in the Inwood community in 2021 and will serve K-8 students. By 2025, the ACS network will serve just under 2000 students across three NYC neighborhoods.
Join a team devoted to positively impacting the lives of children and families every day. Come help build lifelong learners.
Founding Data & Assessment Manager, ACS Inwood
Start Date: July 2021
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Founding Data and Assessment Manager will formally report to the Founding ACS Inwood Principal, and receive guidance and support from the Shared Services Team’s Director of Data Systems and Strategy.
Guide and Support School Staff in the Use of Data and Digital Platforms, Programs and Resources
- Serve as an in-house expert on core and assessment materials, tools and resources.
- Collaborate with school leadership to train staff on analysis protocols and ensure timely collection of data.
- Create and refine trackers, templates, rosters and schedules.
- Ensure the effective management of various data platforms (set-up, sync, clean, update, monitor, etc.).
- Facilitate the implementation of flexible and seamless in person and remote learning pathways that serve the learning needs of all students.
Support Instructional Staff to Develop and Implement Effective, Impactful Data Driven Instruction
- Support teachers in effectively using data and evidence to inform instruction.
- Review, analyze and present formative and summative assessment data and evidence at the student, class, grade and school levels to inform instructional plans.
- Support teachers to analyze authentic student work with teachers for the purposes of assessing learning, modifying instruction and re-teaching content.
- Guide teachers to modify, differentiate and extend learning experiences to engage all students.
- Coordinate and schedule administration of all academic assessments, both in person and remote, accounting for all student testing accommodations (NYSTP, iReady, DRA, etc .)
- Order and organize all assessment materials to ensure they are accessible and utilized with fidelity and consistency.
- In partnership with instructional leaders and teachers, develop and refine high quality school wide, grade and classroom level learning assessments (benchmarks, exit tickets, etc.)
- Plan and facilitate professional development and ongoing guidance and support to ensure assessment tools and materials are fully understood and implemented in accordance with network and school expectations.
Contribute to the Day to Day Success and Ongoing Evolution of the School
- Serve as a key member of the instructional leadership team.
- Help to recruit, interview and onboard new instructional team members.
- Support the preparation and review of trimester report cards, and specialist progress reports, ensuring appropriate alignment among ratings, comments and concrete data collected.
- Supervise arrival, dismissal, transitions, lunch and/or recess as needed, ensuring the safety of the students.
- Execute special assignments and other duties as designated by the principal.
- Contribute to extended learning beyond the typical school day (academic tutoring, summer school, etc.)
The Data and Assessment Manager may also assume other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Principal.
We are seeking candidates with the following experience, competencies and assets:
- Experience as a data manager, preferably in an urban charter or traditional public school setting.
- Minimum of 2 year experience in assessment, and evaluation services and data management.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an effective, impactful classroom teacher.
- Staff professional development, consulting and coaching experience.
- Familiarity utilizing a broad range of student information systems (e.g. PowerSchool), academic assessment tools and data housing (e.g. IReady, Illuminate) and survey platforms.
- Familiarity with remote learning systems (e.g. Google Classroom, curriculum platforms).
- Strong proficiency with Google Suite/ Microsoft Office and statistical applications such as Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience manipulating large datasets (working with raw data preferred)
- Intermediate (or stronger) visual design skills.
- Experience working on a cross-functional team / with multiple stakeholders.
- Deep knowledge of NYS learning standards.
- Familiarity with high-quality curriculum programs for English language arts, mathematics, science and social studies.
- Well developed quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate analysis and findings to different constituencies [leaders, teachers, families, trustees)
- Capacity to distill complex data and other information into easy-to-understand analysis with actionable next steps.
- Collaborative decision-making style, with a proven track record of working effectively with individuals at all levels to drive decision-making and results.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple obligations and initiatives, strong attention to detail and excellent time management.
- Experience planning, developing, facilitating and evaluating high-impact professional development.
- Knowledge of change management theory and practice, team building, and group dynamics.
- Capacity to develop strong relationships based on trust, respect, effective communication, and common goals.
- Commitment to leveraging the existing strengths and supporting the continuous evolution of our communities, students, families and staff members.
- Alignment to the Amber Charter Schools mission and core values.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters Degree in a related field [research design; evaluation; assessment; statistical analysis] preferred.
- NYS teaching certification preferred.
- Spanish-speaking preferred.