2500 Dekalb Pike
Valley Youth House is the catalyst for youth to achieve their desired future through genuine relationships that support families, ensure safe places, and build community connections.
The Experiential Instructor is responsible for individual & group life skills instruction to youth ages 14-20 involved with the foster care system, assistance to Life Skills Counselors in goal planning for youth, record-keeping as related to assigned tasks, and facilitating experiential education and adventure-based counseling groups.
Critical Functions of Position:
- To teach workshops on life skills, housing and other related topics.
- To review and revise the curriculums as needed or assigned to ensure quality services and course relevance.
- To facilitate experiential education and adventure-based counseling groups.
- To monitor and maintain positive community relations in a proactive manner.
- To complete youth related paperwork/case notes consistent with program protocols and in a timely manner.
- To proactively address youth misconduct from a positive youth development perspective and support the program’s rules for youth.
- To proactively and effectively deal with crisis situations.
- To assist with transportation of the youth as needed.
- To participate in regularly scheduled supervision with the Program Supervisor and be prepared with an agenda.
- To complete database and associated documentation in a timely manner.
They must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and ability to operate agency vehicle. They have never been convicted of any child abuse offense. They shall possess a minimum of two years of experience working with adolescents and a BS/BA in education, human services, social work or other related field. The candidate’s race, gender, religion, or state of physical disability will not be considered when hiring for this position.
This position is based in Norristown but involves a significant amount of driving as the youth live all over the county.
full benefits including medical/dental/vision, vacation/personal/sick/holiday time, 401K
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Sue Coyle, Program Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.