As in any small nonprofit organization, all Texas Campaign staff wear many hats. We are looking for someone who can roll up their sleeves and jump right in as a key ambassador for the organization. Specific responsibilities include:
· Provides training and technical assistance on sexual health education and related topics to youth, and school and community agency staff
· Assists in the development and coordination of health education for youth, caregivers and youth serving adults, in schools, community agencies and in virtual environments
· Participates and supports regional stakeholder meetings, and participates in regularly scheduled partner meetings
· Contributes to the development, improvement, and adaptation of curricula to be implemented
· Provides instruction and delivers group presentations on inclusive and medically accurate teen and unplanned pregnancy prevention, sexually transmitted infections (STIs), contraceptive choice, adolescent health, and related topics
· Assists with data collection, gathers feedback on the effectiveness of interventions, and identifies needs for adaptation
· Develops and maintains positive working relationships with community partners, and develops positive and professional rapport with program participants – youth, caregivers and youth serving adults
· Remains current on topics related to teen and unplanned pregnancy, STIs, adolescent health, Texas policies that affect reproductive health access for teens, and related sexual and reproductive health topics
· 2+ year professional experience working with youth or parents/caregivers in a community health or related field
· Excellent presentation and group facilitation skills, with the ability to engage with people of varied ages and diverse racial, ethnic, socioeconomic backgrounds, and abilities
· Ability to work collaboratively and sensitively with a broad and diverse range of partners
· Demonstrated expertise in sexual health education, community outreach, and coalition-building
· Exceptional oral and written English communication skills
· Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, and ability to complete projects under time constraints
· Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and adaptable, and to work both independently and as part of a team in a virtual work environment
· Lives in Houston or able to travel to the Greater Houston area frequently
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends on occasion
· Ability to travel statewide up to 3 days/time, potentially 25% (pending safety of travel)
· CHES certification
· 1+ year professional experience working with youth in foster care, caregivers and youth serving professionals
· Bilingual: English and Spanish proficiency strongly preferred
· Familiar with trauma informed approaches to sex education
As in any small nonprofit organization, all Texas Campaign staff wear many hats. We are looking for someone who can roll up their sleeves and jump right in as a key ambassador for the organization. Specific…
Benefits include 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, long- and short-term disability, and life insurance; retirement plan with 3% annual salary contribution; up to $100 monthly stipend for cell phone/internet; generous PTO and paid holiday policy; up to 12 weeks paid family leave for new parents; flexible, virtual work environment.
Benefits include 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, long- and short-term disability, and life insurance; retirement plan with 3% annual salary contribution; up to $100…
We are specifically looking for candidates who bring a fresh perspective to our work and encourage interested candidates to showcase their experiences, ideas, and personalities in a customized cover letter describing your qualifications and interest for this position, including how your experiences make you a great candidate. You don’t have to fit every one of the qualifications!
Applications with a generic cover letter will not be considered.
Please send your cover letter, your resume, and three references (names and contact information) to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled.
We are specifically looking for candidates who bring a fresh perspective to our work and encourage interested candidates to showcase their experiences, ideas, and…