Summary of Responsibilities
The Transformation Experience Specialist is responsible for guiding the holistic design and implementation of United Methodist Women virtual, hybrid and in-person gatherings, training, and events that inspire spiritual growth and social change.
Essential Job Functions (other related duties may be assigned):
- Design worship, plenaries, and workshops for Mission u, a transformative educational program of United Methodist Women, as well as other organizational programs and events.
- Collaborate with Mission u team on the development process of Mission u curricula.
- Steward the budget of Mission u, aligning it with the values and sustainable commitments of United Methodist Women
- Oversee and guide meeting managers, staff, consultants, musicians, and volunteers in implementing training events
- Evaluate, measure, and share results of the reach and impact of Mission u national level and beyond.
- Plan content and facilitate equitable, interactive, inspiring gatherings and experiences consistent with United Methodist Women brand, mission, and culture
- Collaborate with colleagues and contribute to the planning of strategic initiatives, campaigns and educational events
- Build capacity of the organization’s member leaders to plan and lead transformational gatherings and events in their local contexts.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
- Master’s Degree in Theology, Education, Biblical Studies or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Effective communication, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated knowledge of design methods, design thinking, and collaborative processes
- Experience leading and facilitating workshops and training using collaborative, interactive methods
- Ability to connect to diverse, multi-racial and multi-generational audiences
· In-depth understanding of intersectionality and ability to apply this lens in the designing of experiences and events.
- Knowledge and experience in writing and/or leading plenaries and worship services that intersect personal faith and social holiness.
- Ease and comfort when facilitating in ambiguity and complexity for online and face to face delivery.
- Experience developing training materials and delivering training sessions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of online learning platforms and digital tools to deliver effective programming.
- Experience with Mighty Networks and Bridge learning management system is helpful.
- Must be highly organized with proven mastery of Microsoft SharePoint, Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must possess and continually develop strong oral and written communication with internal and external members and leaders.
- Lead with emotional maturity.
- Must have the ability to write quickly, accurately, and intelligently in English with the ability to work independently and perform well in deadline driven environment.
Health, Dental, Life, LTD, EAP, Vision, 22 days vacation, sick, short-term disability full pay, personal, holidays and other generous time off benefits, 403(b) 8% employer contribution.
Send Cover Letter (with salary requirement) and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "TRANSFORMATION POSITION" in the subject line.