Location: Bay Area (South Bay/San José preferred)
To apply, please email your resume and a onepage cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Bay Area Program Manager your name” as the subject line.
Braven is looking to immediately hire a Program Manager (PM) who will lead the execution and growth of The Braven Leadership and Career Accelerator for first-generation college students in the Bay Area (most specifically at San José State University, our largest partner site). As the PM, you have the privilege and important work of being the engine of our movement – recruiting rising leaders into our national community and managing their experience through the program, including an alumni experience that greatly increases their likelihood of graduating college with a strong first job.
- Envision and run local recruitment and marketing campaigns to compel ~250-250 students to join Braven per year and build the our brand on campus
- Manage the execution of our course and post-course experience at San Jose State, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring weekly Learning Labs are logistically sound ○ Supporting the execution of up to four student-facing events per semester
- Managing the Executive Board of the student-led club to reach their vision
- Implementing communication systems to effectively interface with a growing population of student participants and alumni
- Prototyping and launching a meaningful experience for our growing number of alumni at SJSU
- Hire, train, and manage up to three student interns per semester to assist with the above responsibilities
- Build and maintain relationships with critical stakeholders at San José State and partner organizations, and collaborate with them to grow our impact
- Operate with complete ownership over the student outcomes; troubleshoot obstacles, ask for help, utilize data reports, and quickly implement solutions to maximize impact
- Contribute to the ongoing refinement of national Braven program design and implementation
- Ensure a high quality “customer” experience and high customer satisfaction for our students, partners, volunteers, and stakeholders through strong and timely communication
- Attend weekly (1-2 nights) programming in person at San José State, a few weekend events, and light travel for team retreats(2-3 times/year)
- 2-5 years of work experience
- Experience managing self, peers, and projects to positive outcomes required
- BA or equivalent degree required
- Experience with client management systems (e.g., Salesforce) a plus
- Highly resourceful, driven, and entrepreneurial; excels in a fast-paced, team-oriented, start-up environment. At Braven, we look for people excited to roll up their sleeves
- Strong cultural competence and experience working with diverse populations (students and volunteers) preferred
- Highly motivated, self-directed, eager to learn, and operates with a strong results-orientation
- Welcomes feedback and seeks to continuously improve
- Proven ability to interpret the needs of and foster strong relationships with multiple “customers” including students, college partners, employers, and professional volunteers
- Comfort and experience with public speaking, teaching, and/or facilitation
- Ability to analyze both qualitative and quantitative data in order to make decisions and track our progress to goals
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously; strong attention to detail and time management skills
Braven empowers promising young people on their path to college graduation, strong first jobs, and lives of impact. Alongside educational institutions and employer partners, Braven provides a scalable model to discover, develop, and connect diverse and driven young people to high-quality skill building, opportunities, and networks. From the Accelerator will come a generation of leaders as diverse as our future demands.
Braven currently operates in San Jose, CA, Newark, NJ, Chicago, IL. We aim to become the nation’s leading accelerator of diverse talent, putting 100,000 emerging leaders on the pathway to college completion and economic mobility. Our work is highly data and outcomes driven: college graduation; workforce readiness skills-based proficiency; employment in a high impact role within six months of graduation.
Braven is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor. We encourage talented individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Minimum Education Required