District of Columbia
The Indivisible Project is looking for a Social Media Strategist to oversee the strategy and execution of our social media presences, particularly on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. The ideal candidate for seasoned strategist who has a thirst for constantly learning about social media, what makes online communities tick, and how to use social media to build political movements. This role lives at the intersection of communications, advocacy, and community building. Social media is vital to our organization’s and our movement’s success. We use it to communicate with the thousands of Indivisible groups across the country, position our movement as a leader in the resistance, connect with hundreds of thousands of progressives, and fight the Trump Administration’s agenda.
This position reports to our Associate Director of Communications and works closely with all members of the communications team. This role will also work across the entire organization -- including the political, policy, organizing, and development teams -- to effectively tell our story and achieve our goals.
Social media strategy and management
- Create a social media strategy that builds our brand, grows our social media channels, and raises awareness about our movement’s work.
- Manage our social media presences particularly on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Investigate new tools and platforms to grow our social media reach and better engage with our audiences.
- Develop and utilize a social media calendar that aligns with our overall communications calendar.
- Support staff experts in developing their own social media presence, and lifting up their expertise on our national accounts.
- Work with the Associate Director to build a digital ads program.
Campaign planning and development
- Work with policy and political teams to develop social media strategies for their campaigns that include, but are not limited to, rapid response messaging, Tweet threads and explainers, and Facebook Lives.
- Build and execute social-first campaigns that build community amongst our thousands of Indivisible groups and our hundreds of thousands of online supporters.
- Work with our Communications Data Manager to develop a social media testing strategy and calendar.
- Investigate tools to measure our effectiveness, report out on social media metrics, and use findings to inform our work.
- Work with the Associate Director to develop messages for our online channels.
Other digital and communications responsibilities as needed
- Make graphics and toolkits for staff, groups, and external partners to use to amplify our work.
- Chip in on high-impact moments to write copy for the website or email blasts.
- General communications team support.
- 5+ years in a digital or communications role at a progressive advocacy or campaigning organization, with at least 3 years in a role managing social media
- Experience writing digital content for large audiences (i.e. email programs over 500,000 supporters, Facebook and Twitter audiences over 250,000 followers)
- Familiarity with social media tools like HootSuite, Buffer, CrowdTangle, ActionSprout, and others
- Ability to write quickly, adapt to different writing styles, and with minimal edits required
- Experience supervising staff
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with ease
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team and cross-team environment
- Alignment with the Indivisible mission and commitment to locally-led, grassroots, progressive activism
- Graphic design
- Video filming or editing
This is a full-time position, preferably based in DC, with a salary of $65,000 to $75,000 annually, commensurate with experience. Indivisible provides a robust benefits package including full medical/dental/vision/life coverage, a discounted gym membership, and an employer matched 401(k) plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you're interested in this role, please visit the full job posting on our hiring site and click "Apply Now." On the application form, please submit your resume. Instead of a cover letter, there are three questions you must fill out in order to complete the application.