Administrative/Executive Assistant to CEO (transition to full-time if there is a strong team fit)
- Job posted by Mistletoe Foundation
Details: Compensation is above average for a nonprofit and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
204 E 2nd Ave
The Mistletoe Foundation
The Mistletoe Foundation, founded in 2017, is dedicated to scientific and technological advancement for the public good. Our mission is to build bridges between the academic, entrepreneurial, and civil communities to create a more human-centered and sustainable future through technology. Working with Mistletoe, Inc., the social venture community founded by entrepreneur, Taizo Son, we bring together founders, investors, and visionaries who share the lofty ambition of addressing the problems humanity faces in the near and long-term future. The Mistletoe Foundation's flagship program is the Mistletoe Research Fellowship, an innovation and training initiative open to early-career scientists and engineers at our partner R1 universities. Fellowship recipients participate in entrepreneurial and professional development via an online curriculum which incorporates team-based collaboration on an interdisciplinary R&D project. Every team is paired with a hardware startup building products addressing fundamental social problems. Research Fellows are also recipients of a 10k unrestricted research award which supports their own scholarship and potential. Visit us at http://mistletoefound.org
This is a job which will begin with a minimum of 15-20 hours a week but with the possibility of increasing hours or converting to full-time employee if there is a strong team fit. We have already hired one administrative assistant and would like to add another who can coordinate well with the first to support the needs of our CEO and organization. This is a collaborative position. We would like to find someone who looks forward to adding their skill-set and value to a close-knit and supportive - albeit remote - team.
As an Administrative/Executive Assistant to the CEO you will provide support to and manage the CEO’s busy schedule, proactively increase the CEO and top executives' efficiency, and collaborate with other team members on certain tasks. You love being highly organized and gain a deep sense of satisfaction from getting things done right, whether it's catching a grammatical error or spotting the missing step in a process. You are self-directed and conscientious and an excellent, active listener. You can work effectively and diligently in a fast-paced environment while proactively managing and priotizing the requests and needs of the CEO. You are fantastic at dealing with complicated schedules, requests for information, and following up with people. When engaging with our constituents, your communication is professional, efficient, and personable.
The organization is based in the SF Bay Area but our small (and growing) team operates largely remotely. Thus, while this position can be entirely virtual, you must be able to work on Pacific Time and be a consistent and excellent communicator. We expect your dedication and commitment but offer you autonomy and schedule flexibility. Our company culture is one in which we want every team member - and their time - to feel respected and valued. The ideal candidate should be responsive, proactive, and not easily intimidated by highly-credentialed or assertive people. That person will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain balance among multiple priorities. Overall, we are looking for an organizational wunderkind who can become a wonderful and important member of our friendly, close-knit, and hard-working team.
Our team regularly uses Slack, Dropbox, Google Suite, Wunderlist, Excel, OneNote, and will be adopting a form of CRM (customer relationship management) software.
- Manage and prioritize day-to-day operations and scheduling for the CEO.
- Keep the CEO well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Support the CEO as key liaison for coordination of communications with investors, partners, and collaborators.
- Help to manage email workflows (i.e. redirecting inquiries, answering simple questions, making information requests, responding to scheduling requests, updating a spreadsheet in response to emailed information).
- Help to work with vendors for event planning (venue, food & beverage, swag).
- Help with travel logistics.
- Assist with data entry related to tax or non-profit related submissions (This will be prep. You will never be asked to do something an accountant or lawyer or other licensed professional should do).
- Assist with occasional text-based updates of our website or social media platforms.
Bonus Skills and Qualities:
- Able to layout programs or agendas using Adobe Illustrator.
- Event-planning skills.
- Bookkeeping skills (comfortable with Wave or Quickbooks).
- Interest in science and engineering.
- Interest in entrepreneurship or social enterprises.
- Interest in sustainability and the environment.
- Three ++ years in an administrative or project coordinator capacity, specifically with experience with scheduling and logistics.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel and good with data entry.
- Must be comfortable with Slack or similar platforms.
- Proactive and resourceful team player with the ability to be extremely effective independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good at editing and proofreading.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive and friendly attitude.
Compensation is above average for a nonprofit and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a remote position in the Pacific Time zone. It is part time with the possibility of conversion to full-time. Candidates in consideration will be asked to complete a short screening evaluation and video interview.
This is a remote position with schedule flexibility.
If you convert to full-time, you will be benefits-eligible and provided with a benefits package that includes health insurance.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
In order to apply, please email email@example.com [subject: idealist admin position *your last name*] with a resume in pdf format and a one page cover letter in the body of the email that answers the questions below:
- Why do you believe that you would be a good fit for this position?
- What about our organization appeals to you the most?
- Which aspect of the position do you feel you would be strongest at and why?
- What is your availability for this role and are you interested in transitioning to full-time? If not, you will stlll be considered if you are a competitive fit for the role.
The top candidates will be asked to complete two small evaluation tasks and invited to an online video interview with a member of the Foundation’s leadership team. Final candidates will interview with the CEO.