1P.org is dedicated to finding solutions to address the most intractable problems facing our society at every level.
For our city of Los Angeles, that means homelessness. At the last point in time count in 2019, there were over 65,000 homeless people in LA County, the vast majority of them unsheltered. Since the pandemic began, the situation has worsened.
For our state of California, that means education and workforce development. Despite the state’s economic power, California’s schools rank near the bottom of the nation. In addition, despite California being the innovation hub of the world, there is a massive, economically disadvantaged population that has not yet been trained, or retrained, to excel in the innovation economy.
For our nation of America, that means gun safety.Despite widespread agreement across both gun owners and non-gun owners on the need for safety measures to reduce the epidemic of gun deaths in America, there has been almost no movement on the issue in decades. The public continues to incorrectly believe that this is an extremely divisive issue.
For our world, that means climate change. No single issue globally has more potential to destroy the planet as we know it, and create a continuous stream of disasters for our children.
As our Director of Finance and Operations, you will be responsible for both 1P.org and our inidividual initiatives, such as The STEP Fund (www.thestepfund.org).
For 1P.org, you will:
- Maintain payroll and personnel records; work with payroll company (Gusto) to ensure accuracy; facilitate payment of 401k deductions and health care premiums.
- Maintain a bookkeeping system (QuickBooks) to prepare deposits, pay invoices, issue invoices; reconcile bank statements, track donations and expenses.
- Work with an outside auditor, coordinate the preparation of all tax reports and annual audit.
- File required reports according to state and federal requirements.
- Assist management with preparation of our annual budget.
- Work with senior staff to develop specific programmatic budgets.
- Monitor and maintain insurance policies.
- With the Executive Director, develop program budgets to be used in foundation requests; track foundation reporting deadlines; draft final budget reports on grants, communicating, as necessary, with relevant program staff to ensure high-quality reports.
- Prepare reports for the Executive Director and Chairman as needed.
- Manage the employee benefits programs, vacation and sick leave records, and personnel records; issue administrative policies to staff as needed; maintain new staff orientation materials.
- Review, on an annual basis, health care costs, research health care plan adequacy, survey staff to determine needs, and recommend modifications to the Executive Director.
- Take on operational and administrative responsibilities as needed.
- Supervise information technology for the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
For the STEP Fund specifically:
- Manage all systems associated with the program (e.g., Salesforce, Form Assembly, Megasys, PayNearMe).
- Provide one-time and ongoing recommendations to improve the process of validating, administering and managing disbursement and repayment of loans.
- Work with client engagement manager to validate financial information submitted by clients, and conduct follow-up as necessary.
- Participate in underwriting calls and decision making.
- Fulfill loans once approved and track via Salesforce. Includes troubleshooting with clients and landlords to ensure loans are disbursed.
- Oversee loan management software program.
- Work with client engagement manager to follow-up with clients, including revising payment terms, etc. within the loan management program.
- Oversee overall loan program financials (loans outstanding, balance remaining, etc. )
- BA required, preferably in a field related to accounting or financial management.
- At least three years of experience in administrative bookkeeping and/or financial management.
- Experience using accounting software. Experience with QuickBooks is strongly preferred.
- Experience with and a high degree of comfort working with technology.
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
- A strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage several projects at various stages of completion simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently when necessary and keep organized in a fast-paced environment, manage several projects simultaneously and adjust to frequently changing demands.
- Understanding of how to work collaboratively with colleagues across departments and functions.
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards of advocacy and professionalism.