1368 East 34th St.
Ohio Field Coordinator
Service Employees International Union, Local 1
Summary & Job Description
SEIU Local 1 has been on the cutting edge of building the power of low-wage workers in service industries and fighting for economic, racial, immigrant and environmental justice.
We are hiring a Field Coordinator for Ohio to help build and sustain internal field operations, and to manage external organizing campaigns. This position requires extensive travel.
Key Job Responsibilities
Work with Director, Research and other departments to:
- Develop plans for both internal and external campaigns that will move the union forward.
- Develop campaign messages, and implement plans with community allies.
- Coordinate data; help maintain accurate information.
Work with organizers in the field to:
- Articulate a positive vision of the project and of the union.
- Coach organizers in managing crisis, executing campaigns plans, field activities, member leader and activist development, and general member engagement.
- Assess organizer strengths and areas of development. Write, implement and monitor individual staff development plans.
- Conduct staff check-ins.
- Lead staff by example by setting high standards of performance and hold organizers accountable for results.
- At least five (5) years of experience developing and overseeing large field campaigns and managing teams of organizers.
- Excellent oral and written advocacy skills, including public speaking experience.
- A demonstrated commitment to social justice.
- Willingness to travel, work long, irregular hours, nights, and weekends.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, desktop publishing, and database software.
- The ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Fluency in a second language is a plus.
- A car and a valid driver’s license are required.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary is competitive and negotiable.
- Full benefits package including health insurance, pension plan and paid vacation.
- Car allowance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter at http://seiu1.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2kqigcryn0h