Erie Family Health Centers is looking for a disciplined and analytical development professional to join our team as the Grants Accounting Manager. As Erie’s Grants Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for management and accounting of all grant related transactions, compliance, audit, reporting and analysis. The successful candidate will also possess excellent communication skills along with the demonstrated abilities to collaborate with a diverse group of health care professionals and to supervise and develop employees.
- Manages the daily, monthly and annual Grant Accounting activities, including grants general ledger, annual single audit, compliance reviews, regulatory reports, and external site visits.
- Reviews grant vouchers and prepare grant analysis reports, analyze variances & alert grant owners of any issues.
- Responsible for grant revenue preparation of annual organization’s budget as well as forecasting, all annual grants budgets, providing information for external auditors and grant funders, posting and/or reviewing of all grant related entries to the general ledger.
- Assist in preparation of the annual grant related budget, financial reports and statements in compliance with internal and external reporting requirements, and analyses to be used in financial operations for grant related planning and forecasting activities.
- Manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors as well as internal teams such as the Development Department.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current Grant related accounting pronouncements, GAAP and other applicable compliance topics.
- Set targets for and performance expectations for all personnel under purview, while mentoring new and existing team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance required with core knowledge of accounting principles (MBA, Master of Accountancy, or CPA Preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience required
- Minimum of 7 years directly related accounting experience required; experience in healthcare non-profit with grant funding or FQHC preferred.
- 5 years of directly related Grant accounting experience preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of accounting procedures and knowledge of fund-based accounting systems; proficient in using computer-based spreadsheet and accounting applications
- Excellent customer service and oral and written communication skills