Bay Cove Human Services, Inc., a leading Massachusetts human services organization, seeks an Intervention Specialist for Andrew House Stoughton, a 24 bed acute treatment facility that provides medically monitored services to adults who need short-term detoxification from alcohol, heroin and other opiates.
We are looking for someone who strives to:
- Challenge thinking.
- Be different.
- Lead change.
Bay Cove is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring.
- Enforces the policies and procedures relative to ensuring the safety of the program
- Ensures accountability on unit, serving as a lead staff during shift
- Monitors all rooms on the unit including bedrooms, bathrooms, group/recreation areas to ensure patients are safe and respond timely in critical situations
- Observes patients and note physical conditions, attitudes, reactions and report unusual findings (i.e. impairments, appearance of distress) to nursing staff
- Immediately address disruptive and suspicious behaviors among patients and alerts staff (Nurses, Case Aides, Managers) on all occurrences
- Completes Incident Reports as needed
- Alerts community law enforcement to issues/disturbances that warrants their intervention
- Works collaboratively with the Case Aide staff and performs direct care duties as assigned
- Assists with direct care duties relative to patient admissions, transfers, discharges, observation and caring for patients, ensuring use of safety devices and precautions
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in substance use and/or mental health setting.
- Basic computer skills and data entry skills.
- Experience in human services, security and customer service work strongly preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow the regulations pertaining to confidentiality of client records and treatment.
- Driving License Required? Yes
Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.
Minimum Education Required