The Donor Relations Associate is responsible for strengthening donors’ relationships with the organization and supporting colleagues’ efforts to do the same. This includes speaking with donors directly, working with colleagues to develop a strategic plan for donor relations, and managing the acknowledgement and payment reminder process for donors’ gifts. This person may also be the first point of contact for UJEF Fund holders who ensures that inquiries are resolved promptly and professionally. This person should be a personable self-starter who is able to multi-task and successfully prioritize to complete their full portfolio of responsibilities in a timely manner within a fast-paced environment.
The salary range for this position is $50,000 – 60,000.
- Learn all aspects of two customer relationship management databases (currently Blackbaud Enterprise CRM and iPhi/Northstar)
- Process commitments and payments to donor accounts and produce acknowledgements
- Manage the receipt of all contributions to UJEF and ensure the accurate processing of all daily deposits
- Process stocks, bonds, and other non-cash donations, and issue corresponding acknowledgements and tax receipts
- Manage the receipt and processing of all requested distributions from donor advised funds. This includes prompt acknowledgement of requests received, due diligence to determine grantee eligibility (e.g., tax-exempt status) and timely processing of distribution requests.
- Run basic queries and export results from internal fundraising database systems according to specific criteria to assist with analysis, lists, and reports
- Produce financial and donor profile reports and respond to analysis requests by management.
- Exercise good judgment, attention to detail and decision-making skills when working on donor accounts and use strong interpersonal skills when communicating with donors and colleagues, responding to inquiries and correspondence from donors and colleagues in a timely manner.
- Provide sexcellent customer service to donors and colleagues.
- Ensure proper UJEF fund disbursements are made as part of the annual distribution process in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work as a team member in the strategic design and implementation of personal, departmental, and organizational goals
- Experience in working with a donor or customer relationship management database
- Minimum three - five years of experience with a fundraising or direct response organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively with peers in the organization whose support is needed to implement goals and objectives of the position
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Professional, service-minded attitude and demeanor
- Detail oriented, with strong multi-tasking, organizational, planning, follow-up and prioritization skills
- Ability to routinely handle sensitive/confidential information where the highest level of discretion is expected
- Willingness to take direction and ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, strong interpersonal skills; must possess a positive can-do attitude