828 W. Washington Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Building Skills Partnership is a non-profit organization and a unique collaboration between responsible businesses and the Service Employees International Union – USWW to build a strong future for low-wage service workers and their families by advancing skills, opportunities and self-sufficiency.
The BSP’s mission is to improve the quality of life and advancement of building services workers, their families and our communities by providing quality educational opportunities and job skills training. The BSP serves over 3500 workers statewide each year by offering Vocational Courses, Computer Literacy, Citizenship Classes, Health Education, Parent Education workshops and other training topics to the janitors and service workers who work hard every day and night to keep California’s businesses clean and safe.
The Vocational Coordinator will work closely with members of SEIU -USWW. This full-time position requires availability on some weekends, evenings and nights with travel within Los Angeles and Orange County. We are looking for a team player with significant talents to contribute and the job tasks will be adjusted according to staff strengths and interests. The Vocational Coordinator will lead the BSP’s program to expand the sustainability and vocational programs for the janitorial industry by working with employers, their clients and various stakeholders.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide overall management, coordination and supervision of the Vocational Program
· Market vocational programs to employers, clients and other key industry leaders
· Development of new curriculum to meet vocational needs of the industry
· Ensure tracking process and data reporting related to programs
· Track corresponding budgets
· Outreach to organizations, community colleges and other learning institutions in an effort to establish partnerships
· Recruit new students and track student progress
· Support grant management of this project
- Demonstrated commitment to social and economic justice
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in vocational program management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts. Workforce development and program management experience preferred.
- Fully Bilingual in Spanish/English, written and verbal
- Strong social, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization skills and skilled working with data management
- Motivated self-starter who is also a solid team player
- Strong Computer skills a plus (Salesforce, Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, & Access)
- Must be open to flexible hours including evenings
- Must have transportation to visit various training sites in Los Angeles and Orange County
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment
- Salary is competitive and based on experience
- Benefits package including health insurance and paid vacation
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish and English
Minimum Education Required