2720 Taylor Street
TITLE: Membership Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: San Francisco Marin Medical Society
LOCATION: 2720 Taylor Street, Suite 450, San Francisco
REPORTS TO: Associate Executive Director – Membership & Marketing
STATUS: Non-exempt employee
HOURS OF WORK: 9am-5pm M-F
SALARY: $25-30 per hour DOE
START DATE: ASAP
The San Francisco Marin Medical Society (SFMMS) is the oldest medical society in California. SFMMS was established to improve the health of San Francisco and Marin residents by uniting and supporting the local physician community and serving their professional needs. SFMMS is a component medical society of the California Medical Association (CMA).
Performs a variety of essential skilled administrative duties directly related to membership and nurturing members’ connection to the organization. Also provides some routine office support.
Member communications, membership database management, event coordination, customer service, and general office support
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintenance of membership database comprising 2,000+ member physicians, including data entry, report generation, and credentialing
- Coordination of membership dues billing and collection process, including mailings, phone calls, processing payments, and maintaining revenue log
- Coordination of advertising billing and collection process; assistance with outreach to prospective advertisers
- Assistance with all aspects of membership recruitment and retention activities and event coordination
- Communications and desktop publishing support, including:
- Content development, layout and production of annual Membership Directory
- Maintenance of website content
- Production of monthly electronic newsletter and ad hoc email campaigns
- Social media postings
- Graphic design for membership and event collateral
- Customer service, including responding to member inquiries and providing physician referrals
- Office support, including greeting guests, answering and directing phone calls, opening mail and distributing to appropriate staff
- Other duties as assigned
Education – Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree required
Experience – Minimum of 1-2 years experience in an administrative/clerical, data entry, customer service, or communications/marketing position strongly preferred
- Detail-oriented self-starter possessing excellent organizational, administrative and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, seeking guidance when necessary.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with a high-level of accuracy and manage time/priorities effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively – verbally and in writing – with diverse audiences, including staff, society members, physicians, community leaders and the public.
- Strong willingness to go above and beyond to meet members’ expectations and needs.
- Possessing the following characteristics: reliability, honesty, courtesy, enthusiasm, creativity, cooperative spirit, and high-degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with or conceptual understanding of content management systems/relational databases (Access, ClearVantage, or other).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat) and Constant Contact, or demonstrated ability to learn new systems and programs quickly.
- Flexibility to work some evenings/weekends as needed.
Essential Functions – Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, telephone and other devices. Ability to hear, answer, and respond to telephone calls. Must be physically able to stand or sit for extended periods, be positioned in front of a computer monitor for extended periods, and be able to lift up to 25 pounds. Some automobile travel within California may be required.
This full-time position provides the following salary and benefits:
- Compensation of $25-30 per hour, dependent upon experience and qualifications, paid bi-weekly
- A full-time 35-hour work week; position scheduled to work from 9:00am-5:00pm including a required 1-hour unpaid lunch break
- 10 paid holidays, plus one personal day, per year
- Accrued paid vacation (10 days per year) and paid sick time (7 hours per month)
- Personal health, dental, and vision coverage for employee
- 401k retirement plan and life insurance
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidates meeting the above qualifications should submit their resume and cover letter outlining the personal and professional qualities which make you the ideal candidate for the position.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
This position description is representative only and is not exhaustive of the tasks an individual may be required to perform. We reserve the right to revise this position description or assign other duties to this position at any time.
The San Francisco Marin Medical Society is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.