SFSTF is hiring a full-time Development Coordinator to build and expand our development efforts under the supervision and support of the Program Manager. The Development Coordinator is responsible of enabling SFSTF to achieve a greater reach and impact through building a fund development strategy that advances a diversified revenue base including individual donations, sponsorship, foundation grants, and planned giving. Duties include, but are not limited to:
Donor Cultivation and Fundraising 30%
- Create and implement a donor program: in collaboration with the Executive Director, identify 5-10 major new donor prospects then build strong relationships and personally solicit gifts.
- Foster and track all donor relationships. Ensure robust and timely donor appreciation.
- Constantly identify prospects and appropriate opportunities for building relationships with private, public, and corporate philanthropy.
- Lead and coordinate Give Big fundraising goal, logistics, communications, and donor solicitations.
- Process and track incoming donations/pledges.
- Develop and distribute communication materials as related to organizational events and campaigns, as well as ongoing audience management and branding work.
- Collaborate with program staff to generate content for social media channels.
- Research communication channels and strategies to reach Somali community and increase SFTSF exposure.
- Advertise and establish relationships for book sales.
- Launch, design, and collect organizational updates for a regular quarterly newsletter.
- Regularly update the organization’s website and troubleshoot issues as necessary.
Grant Writing (20%)
- Collaborate with external grant writer and develop grant proposals from draft through final submission, modifying each submission to align with donor request, priorities and objectives.
- Create and manage a grant database and calendar.
Event Planning 15%
- Plan and execute the SFSTF’s annual fundraising gala including vendor, caterer, venue logistics,
procurement efforts, volunteer committees, donor and partner outreach, table captain outreach, and all day-of event logistics (such as name tags, decorations, greeting, volunteers, technology needs etc.)
- Ensure successful planning and production of additional fundraising events to support SFTSF’s mission.
Other – 10%
- Participate in staff team building activities, attend community events, and otherwise contribute to strengthening the deep roots within our community, both internally and externally
- Support other staff members on additional projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
SFSTF is hiring a full-time Development Coordinator to build and expand our development efforts under the supervision and support of the Program Manager. The Development Coordinator is responsible of enabling SFSTF to achieve a…
After 90 days on staff, the position is eligible for paid time off (sick, vacation and personal), paid holidays, maternity/paternity and other family leave as well as health and dental insurance.
After 90 days on staff, the position is eligible for paid time off (sick, vacation and personal), paid holidays, maternity/paternity and other family leave as well as health and dental…
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter please tell us your story and why you think you’d be successful in the role. The position is open until filled.
The Somali Family Safety Task Force is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.