Development Strategy, Research and Reporting
- Works in partnership with Director of Development, Executive Director and Board to create short and long-term development strategies, with an emphasis on individual donors.
- Assists in the development and implementation of a comprehensive and sustainable fundraising plan that includes corporate solicitation, individual and annual giving, grants from government agencies and foundations, and in-kind donations.
- Researches and creates thorough profiles for prospective foundation, governmental and corporate funding sources in support of program and organizational growth initiatives.
- Manages the constituent database and other operational systems required to manage donor cultivation:
- processes gifts and manages all donor/gift information
- tracks giving activity
- produces timely gift acknowledgements
- prepares giving reports
- Supports donor cultivation efforts.
Marketing, Communications and Special Events
- Manages and executes marketing initiatives and timelines, including preparation and mailing (hard-copy and/or electronic) of appeal letters, thank you letters, brochures, flyers and newsletters.
- Manages website.
- Manages website and social media, including identifying social media opportunities.
- Ensures up to date availability of organizational collateral (program brochures, flyers, etc).
- Prepares customized marketing and presentation material in collaboration with the Development Specialist and other staff as necessary.
- Develops communication materials and researches relationship management and cultivation strategies for fundraising and development.
- Manages follow-up communications for fundraising and special events.
- Supports the planning and implementation of fundraising and special events and helps secure revenue goals.
Grant Process Support
- Maintains and updates the grant cycle calendar, which includes grant submission, reporting, acknowledgement and follow-up, with input from the Development Specialist.
- Assists with the response and submission process for corporate, foundation, and government requests, including review and submission of final proposals prepared by the Development Specialist.
- Supports the Development Specialist in compiling, writing, and editing grant proposals, LOIs, and reports.
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of a streamlined and efficient grant filing system.
Board Support and Management
- Coordinates Board meetings, schedules, and events, and maintains Board contact list.
- Prepares and circulates all materials as they relate to the six+ Board meetings per year.
Campaign Steering Committee Support
- Coordinates meetings, schedules, and events related to Committee activities.
- Prepares and circulates all materials as they relate to each meeting.
- Assists Committee in donor cultivation and research.
- Maintains all documentation of donations as it relates to the Campaign.
- Maintains clear communications between Committee, Board, and Staff as it relates to Campaign.
- BA or BS Degree in business, finance, human services, arts administration or similar area required, master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience in nonprofit, social services, foundation/association environment, fundraising experience preferred
- Significant experience in events planning and execution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required, experience in grant writing preferred
- Strong project management, research and organizational capabilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and working knowledge of fundraising software a plus