Population Connection Action Fund seeks an experienced development professional to manage a portfolio of current and prospective donors who will invest in advocacy programs to uphold the reproductive rights of women and girls worldwide. As a 501(c)(4) organization, the Action Fund’s donations are not tax deductible but fully support our critical work with federal policymakers to advance global reproductive health care access.
Population Connection Action Fund is the 501(c)(4) sister organization to Population Connection, a 501(c)(3) dedicated to stabilizing global population through voluntary access to contraceptives and reproductive health care. The Action Fund advances this shared mission through advocacy and media campaigns, such as #Fight4HER, which targets Trump’s odious Global Gag Rule. We organize and train community activists in battleground states, mobilize voters, and petition lawmakers to advance reproductive rights for all. Through Population Connection Action Fund PAC, we support key allies running for Congress to bolster the ranks of legislators willing to defend reproductive rights and to expand access to reproductive health care worldwide.
This position will be based at our Headquarters in Washington, D.C. and will work closely with Action Fund program staff in Washington, as well as Development staff around the country.
This position will report remotely to the Vice President for Marketing & Development.
1. Establish and manage a portfolio of 150 individual donors and prospects with an emphasis on major gift capacity (90% of time).
2. Implement Moves Management to engage and cultivate donors. Identify new fundraising opportunities, such as house parties or other fundraising events, to further cultivate current and prospective major donors for the Action Fund.
3. Collaborate with Development & Marketing team to enhance the performance of our direct mail and digital marketing campaigns raising funds for the Action Fund (5% of time).
4. Collaborate with colleagues in Development, Marketing, Advocacy, and Government Relations to document and share our impact with all of our donors. Develop compelling narratives underscoring the importance of our #Fight4HER advocacy campaign. Serve as Advocacy and Government Relations liaison to larger Development & Marketing team (5% of time).
Skills and Experience
· 3-5 years of experience in a development/fundraising role, including direct solicitation of individual donors
· Proven track record of employing moves management to close major gifts
· Political/campaign fundraising experience a requirement
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
· Advanced written and verbal communication skills; comfortable public speaking and presenting to groups
· Knowledge of philanthropy best practices including documenting donor interactions and prospect tracking in donor database
Competencies and Personal Qualities
· Passionate about Population Connection Action Fund’s mission; absolutely pro-choice.
· Passionate about inspiring donors to make a difference with their giving.
· Interest in progressive politics, campaigns, and advocacy.
· Able to work independently, prioritize projects, and manage time efficiently.
· Willingness to be part of a team where collaboration is essential to our success.
· Ability to function as a member of a national team and participate in activities and assignments that will benefit other members of the team or contribute to the accomplishment of team objectives.
· Able to achieve metrics and meet or exceed fundraising goals. Able to track goals and schedules for yourself and others to meet competing deadlines for a variety of simultaneous projects
· Good sense of humor.
· Willingness to travel up to 50%.
Work is primarily performed in a regular office environment. This position requires frequent travel. Incumbent must be able to travel and navigate unfamiliar situations independently. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Population Connection is an equal opportunity employer.
Population Connection offers a generous benefits package.
- Vacation starting at 15 days/year and 24 days of sick leave.
- All Federal holidays off plus the day after Thanksgiving.
- Employer 401k match up to 6%
- CareFirst health plans at $20 per month for employee only coverage. Dependents subsidized at 80%.
- Employer paid life and disability insurance
- 8 weeks paid parental leave
- $80 per month Metro transit subsidy
Minimum Education Required