District of Columbia
Reports To: Senior Vice President of Human Resources and Administrative Services
Positions Reporting To This Position: N/A
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues.
LCV’s work to protect and advocate for the environment reflects the organization’s commitment to racial, social and environmental justice. Engaging communities of color among other key constituencies for the environment is an organizational priority. We aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
LCV is seeking to hire an HR Recruiter to assist the organization in the hiring and retention of staff. Employees are the foundation of the success of LCV. We are committed to attracting and retaining a talented, committed team that brings the rich mix of experiences, backgrounds, and areas of expertise that make it possible to achieve our mission to solve the climate crisis through political activism and advocacy. As such, we recognize that recruitment, hiring, and retention are mission critical tasks that require time, intention, and resources. Candidates with successful recruitment experience in/for organizations with a focus on issue advocacy are strongly preferred.
- Develop and execute recruitment plans; work with hiring committees on recruitment planning
- Assist in the creation of job descriptions for new and vacant positions.
- Post job vacancy announcements on various job posting sites, job boards, and other appropriate sources.
- Research new ways for online recruitment, including the possibility of a recruitment section on LCV’s website.
- Locate and document where to find top talent for the organization.
- Lead hiring committees in the creation of a recruiting and interview plan for each position.
- Conduct regular follow up with hiring committees to determine the effectiveness of recruitment plans and implementation.
- Develop a recruitment database to house a pool of qualified candidates in advance of the need.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruitment
- Build networks to find qualified passive candidates.
- Use social and professional networking sites to source candidates.
- Create contacts within the environmental community, the progressive political community; NGO’s including groups who focus on communities of color.
- Manage relationships with contract recruiters as necessary.
- Assist in conducting phone screens, reference checks and background checks.
- Assist in writing rejection letters and offer letters.
- Partner with hiring managers to determine staffing needs
- Screen resumes as needed
- Conduct in-person and phone screen interviews with candidates as needed
- Attend college recruitment fairs, Develop relationships with colleges and universities to aid in recruiting, including Native American Universities and Colleges, HBCUs, HISs and HAACs.
- Assist in updating new hire orientation content and facilitate the planning of new hire orientation training sessions.
- Participate in salary surveys and obtain salary survey data as necessary.
- Provide support to the HR & Administrative Services Department as needed
- Schedule and conduct periodic training with state league partners and facilitate sharing of best practices on recruiting, hiring and retention.
- Other duties as assigned
- Work experience: At least four years’ experience in human resources or related work. Proven experience in recruiting, candidate sourcing and relationship building; experience in database management; proven track record of successful recruitment, cultivation and retention of skilled staff with a high level of racial and gender diversity. Candidates with successful experience as an in-house recruiter for an environmental or progressive organization strongly preferred.
- Skills: General knowledge of various employment laws and practices; well-organized; hard-working; thorough & detail-oriented; effective oral and written communication skills; able to manage multiple-tasks at once; ability to work across departments and foster teamwork; proven ability to maintain confidential information; thrives in a fast-paced campaign environment; has a professional demeanor.
Full Benefits Package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter, resume to email@example.com with “HR Recruiter” in the subject line by April 20, 2018. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse, Inclusive, and Equitable Workplace