Details: competitive with benefits
Harlem Village Academies
Join an incredible community of educators who are passionate about progressive pedagogy while embracing a sense of urgency, a strong work ethic, and accountability for student learning. We select individuals who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it.
- Develop and teach highly engaging, differentiated and academically rigorous curriculum and lessons, in either ICT co-teaching and/or SETSS settings
- Invest several hours per week in professional learning, including personalized instructional coaching, co-planning, department meetings, grade level meetings and other learning work
- Build strong, lasting relationships with students, inspiring them to hold themselves to a high standard of academics and character
- Establish and uphold classroom expectations that support students to develop increased agency, responsible autonomy and ownership over learning
- Analyze assessment data and use it to inform your instruction
- Collaborate with colleagues to share best practices and ensure student mastery of standards
- Maintain close relationships with families, including phone calls and conferences
- Contribute to the school community by attending school events, leading a club, reading group, athletic team, or other initiative
- A strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in special education, with student teaching or equivalent in grades 7-12
- Deep dedication to learning and developing your teaching craft, especially around effectively supporting students with special needs
- Ability to create a class environment in which students feel safe, supported and challenged to engage deeply in meaningful work
- Highly thoughtful and reflective, committed to always getting smarter with colleagues, reflecting on mistakes, welcoming feedback and making continual adjustments in your practice
- Unshakeable conviction that all students can learn at a high level
- New York State teacher certification in Special Education
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
First, learn about us! Review our website and consider whether Harlem Village Academies is the place for you. If your skills and experience are a match for this role, please apply through the careers section of our website.
Harlem Village Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff.
Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.