Details: Competitive salary and benefits.
The Vice President of Finance & Administration reports to the President/CEO, manages a staff of three, and is responsible for accounting and financial management, human resources, information technology and general office and facilities management.
- Supervise a staff of one full-time Executive Coordinator, two part-time Accounting Assistants, and an IT Vendor.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the finance department including month-end and year-end closes and reporting, A/P, A/R and billing of state, federal and private grants.
- Assure that data from the CRM system (Tessitura) and the General Ledger (Financial Edge from Blackbaud) agree for both Box Office and Development transactions.
- Produce monthly financial statements and forecasting reports for the President & CEO and for Board and committee meetings, creating additional reports as needed.
- Manage the annual budget process and help ensure a close integration between the strategic plan and the budget.
- Track financial performance against program budgets on a monthly basis and provide departmental managers with monthly expense from the General Ledger.
- Works closely with the Development Department to ensure use of funds comply with grant and donor restrictions.
- Manage the commercial and employee benefits insurance process at renewal dates: Worker's Compensation, D&O, General Liability, Group Health, Group Dental, Long and Short term disability and Life.
- Assure that all contractual files are maintained: vendors, contractors, insurance, etc.
- Work closely with outside accounting firm on annual audit and tax preparation (Forms 990, 990-T, M 990-T, Form PC, MA Annual Report).
- Manage preparation and filing of Federal Forms 5500, 941, 1099-Misc, 1099, W-2 and W-3.
- Prepare and file all other tax forms, including: Quarterly Sales Tax, City of Boston Form 3ABC and Federal Forms 1042 and 1042-S
- Implement controls to ensure integrity of financial systems.
- Manage cash flow including projecting cash requirements and appropriate spending of restricted funds.
- Serve as liaison to Finance and Audit Committee, Investment Committee, and Facilities Task Force and serve as staff representative at Executive Committee. Take minutes meetings of these committees, and at Board meetings.
- Assume responsibility for identifying budget variances and working with President, senior staff and Finance and Audit Committee to address them.
- Oversee management of endowment fund and other investments, in accordance with policies and guidelines of the Investment Committee and the Board of Governors.
- Support the President & CEO in financial and administrative matters as needed. This includes review of all areas of H+H activities to improve efficiency, reduce costs and identifying and reducing areas of risk.
- With support from the Executive Coordinator, oversees all aspects of Human Resources administration.
- Administer and manage all benefit plans, including annual renewal analysis with benefit consultants.
- Administer 403(b) Plan, including timely transfer of employee payroll deductions and employer match to the trustee.
- Transmit (approve) payroll previously entered by an Accounting Assistant to the payroll service; review journal entries proposed by Accounting Assistant and review PTO balances maintained by an Accounting Assistant.
- Maintain personnel policies and procedures.
- Supervise IT vendor
- Resolve staff IT issues and serve as triage for escalation to IT vendor
- Recommend infrastructure changes for the organization
- Oversee facilities operations: including office machines, maintenance, renovations, etc.
Graduate degree in Accounting or Finance or MBA with Accounting or Finance concentration required, CPA desired; at least 5 years of non-profit accounting experience with management responsibilities required; knowledge of GAAP as they apply to nonprofit organizations; proven knowledge of accounting and financial systems; experience managing both operational & technical staff. Competitive salary and benefits.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.