1000 Washington Ave.
Reporting directly to the vice president of Horticulture & Facilities, the operations associate/clerical associate III provides clerical support to the Horticulture & Facilities division, which includes conservatories, gardens and grounds, community greening programs, living collections, the New York City Compost Project, maintenance, and custodial operations. Under general supervision, the employee performs assigned clerical tasks with latitude for independent judgment.
· Assist VP and department directors with routine payroll and timekeeping functions for all division staff.
· Perform filing, copying, documentation, and mail distribution duties.
· Prepare written reports and forms and maintain various logs and records.
· Assist in monitoring and ordering office supplies and materials to ensure proper inventory support.
· Support procurement processes, including purchase orders, invoice tracking, and payment tracking.
· Help manage and update departmental databases using software such as FileMaker and Microsoft Office.
· Issue and control keys, radios and other necessary equipment, supplies, and materials.
· Coordinate fleet vehicles and institutional calendar bookings for the department.
· Provide professional telephone receptionist coverage when and where needed, including in the President’s Office.
· Compose, type, and edit correspondence, reports, memoranda, and other material.
· Provide clerical support for annual/seasonal needs, such as departmental uniform orders and intern program support.
· Assist vice president and department directors as necessary.
· Perform other related duties or special projects as directed.
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Minimum of one (1) year office or related experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, including Word and Excel
· Highly organized team player and self-starter, with ability to work independently
· Strong ability to multitask and attend to details
· Accuracy, reliability, flexibility, and professionalism
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree or some college preferred
· Proficiency in databases, such as FileMaker
· Interest in or knowledge of facilities and horticulture a plus
Minimum Education Required