St. Nicks Alliance seeks a full-time Program Director to oversee a comprehensive afterschool program based at an elementary school in Brooklyn. The Youth and Education Division serves over 2,500 youth annually age 5 to 24, working in partnership with over 20 local schools and housing developments in Northern Brooklyn.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee enrollment, space allocation, and afterschool meals for school year and summer camp programming
- Hire, train, and supervise highly competent staff to implement programming
- Ability to train and support staff in classroom management strategies that align with day school culture such as the responsive classroom approach
- Provide ongoing observation, coaching and feedback to staff, including a part-time program assistant, group leaders, activity specialists, and interns
Partnership / Relationship Development
- Develop partnerships and maintain communication with school leadership and staff to support the effective integration of in-school and after-school goals.
- Coordinate monthly leadership meetings with program stakeholders.
- Build strong relationships with parents and other community resources in order to enrich the experiences for students and their families in the program
Conduct parent orientation sessions in the fall and summer; conduct monthly parent meetings
- Implement division wide curricula for Literacy, STEM, social-emotional development, and physical fitness; support staff with lesson planning and implementation for these core program components
- Work closely with Educational Specialist to provide on-going support to staff in curricula implementation.
- Oversee development of active, enriching theme-based summer camp with the goal of stemming summer learning loss and providing opportunities for growth and hands-on learning
- Support short and long term division-wide implementation of program planning and outcomes tracking; specifically, seek ways to improve school attendance, school attachment, academic self-efficacy, employment self-efficacy, skills for success (social-emotional skills), literacy, and lifelong learning.
- Work closely with school and leadership team to coordinate adult education, financial literacy and family engagement workshops.
- Work closely with school and transformational coach to identify participants to receive support for non-cognitive behavior and social emotional issues.
- Track enrollment, attendance, and data entry to ensure center is on track to meet programmatic mandates
- Oversee compliance with School Age Child Care (SACC) and Summer Camp rules and regulations pertaining to staff hiring and clearances, trainings, safety, and related items
- Bachelors' degree required
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) preferred
- Minimum five years experience in youth development, preferably in an afterschool program, with at least three years in a leadership position
- Excellent relational, communication and negotiation skills
- High standards for program planning and implementation
- Ability to build staff team and collaborate with colleagues and partners
- Commitment and enthusiasm for a culture of continuous improvement
- Experience and commitment to coaching and developing young staff members
- Knowledge of youth development practice and content with focus on K-8
- Knowledge of literacy development and instructional practices
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as well as work collaboratively
- Familiarity with School Age Child Care (SACC) and Department of Health Summer Camp requirements