Details: Commensurate with experience
2600 North Howard Street
Young Audiences/Arts for Learning, founded in Baltimore in 1950, is the country’s foremost arts-in-education non-profit organization. The Maryland chapter of Young Audiences (YA) provides more than 9,000 arts education opportunities to nearly 200,000 students, artists, and educators throughout the state each year. The staff, board, and teaching artists of YA work tirelessly to generate opportunities for all students to imagine, create, and realize their full potential through the arts.
We are looking for a creative, strategic-thinking, results-based individual interested in joining a mission-driven organization that values passion, community, innovation, and perseverance. The Data & Systems Manager will be tasked with ensuring the organization has a centralized approach to effectively collecting and analyzing data. By working in close partnership with Program and other critical departments, this individual will help to ensure that the organization’s work strategically aligns with its mission and vision, while certifying successful implementation of programming, where results are measured and maximized.
In addition to maintaining and evaluating data reporting systems, the manager will also partner with directors and other organizational leaders to develop new ways of capturing and collecting data aimed at deepening the organization’s impact. The position will involve working closely with both internal staff and external stakeholders, including training, and data integrity oversight and management. We are also looking for a candidate that has the capacity to share data in compelling and translatable ways.
The Data & Systems Manager is a new full-time, exempt position and will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
Data Analysis & Evaluation: 60%
● Partner with key departments to inform analysis and data reporting needs
● Conduct routine and regular data reviews and analyses
● Audit data for quality and integrity
● Create a system for generating reports showcasing the organization’s effectiveness, for both internal and external audiences
● Coordinate with school districts to obtain needed data for evaluations, including collaboration with an institutional review board
● Coordinate with external evaluators to provide them with YA and school district data
● Serve as the in-house expert on the operation of Form Assembly, Survey Monkey and other Salesforce integrated data collection platforms
● Utilize best practices in research and evaluation, create surveys and other measurement systems that support valid and reliable evaluation of programmatic goals
● Work with departmental staff to ensure that completion rates for evaluations meet or exceed industry norms and are sufficient to allow for identification of trends
● Transfer data between systems (i.e. from Form Assembly into Salesforce)
Serve as administrator of Salesforce: 35%
● Serve as the in-house expert on the operation of Salesforce
● Perform backend updates, create new fields, workflows and custom objects, and modify page layouts, as needed
● Manage all users, including providing training, support, and technical assistance
● Work with departments to complete and correct fields in Salesforce
● Identify trends and help create systems and strategies aimed to maximize results
● Work with staff to identify new features needed and partner with the Salesforce developer to implement system modifications
● Coordinate with finance regarding Salesforce integration with QuickBooks
Other Duties as assigned: 5%
The person will serve as the in-house data and systems expert. The ideal candidate will be results-driven and detail-oriented, and have an affinity for navigating database software, conducting data analyses, and automating routine tasks. The candidate must also have:
● Degree in program evaluation, education, computer science, or other relevant field (bachelor’s level or above)
● 2 years of experience analyzing data in Excel or Google Sheets with experience using features such as formulas, subtotals, and pivot tables
● Experience automating Google applications for email and tracking efficiency
● 2 years of experience with Salesforce; Salesforce Administrator or Developer Certification is a plus
● Demonstrated experience in implementing automated processes to improve organizational effectiveness
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Database administration experience
● Experience developing surveys and / or evaluation instruments
● Project management experience
This position is exempt, and is not eligible for overtime. Young Audiences offers comp time in addition to an attractive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision health care coverage, paid sick leave, vacation time, and retirement plan options.
For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Data & Systems Manager" in the subject line. Applications will be accepted through Monday, October 22nd. Please do not send applications that include headshots or photos of yourself. No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Young Audiences offers comp time in addition to an attractive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision health care coverage, paid sick leave, vacation time, and retirement plan options.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to email@example.com with “Data & Systems Manager" in the subject line. Applications will be accepted through Monday, October 22. Please do not send applications that include headshots or photos of yourself. No phone calls or recruiters, please.