Details: The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience and education.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW (Thrive in your Workplace, NYC)
ThriveNYC is partnering with the Mayor’s Fund to Advance New York City (Mayor’s Fund) to launch Thrive in your Workplace. Alongside the launch of ThriveNYC, a massive 5-year public investment to dramatically improve mental health outcomes for New Yorkers, the City has identified Thrive in your Workplace as a key strategy for engaging New York City’s business industry. Thrive in your Workplace has been conceived as a way to help employers understand the value of implementing an approach and workplace strategy focused on emotional wellbeing and mental health. The engagement and program opportunities will prioritize both evidence-based supports, as well as policies and programs specifically tailored to the needs and context of each business partner.
The Employer Engagement Manager will sit on dedicated team responsible for leading the effort to build awareness of mental health, and implementing mental health programming in the workplace. The Employer Engagement Manager will be charged with identifying businesses, establishing the connection to Thrive in your Workplace, as well cultivating and supporting the engagement. The Employer Engagement Manager will be supervised by ThriveNYC. This is a two-year grant-funded position.
- Promote Thrive in your Workplace to the NYC business community at large, with the goal of recruiting small, medium and large employers as partners in the initiative
- Develop engagement strategy and identify emerging opportunities to recruit new employers to Business Thrives
- Apply knowledge of the current behavioral health and employer landscape to advocate for Business Thrives model and benefits
- Develop relationships with partnering employers, particularly focusing on C-Suite leadership and an internal champion to drive the effort
- Manage pipeline of interested and committed employers
- Deliver key elements of Thrive in your Workplace program in collaboration with Content Developer
- Provide and synthesize employer feedback to Business Thrives team to ensure continual improvement
- Serve as key link between employers, Mayor’s Fund, ThriveNYC, DOHMH and other partners
- Other duties as assigned as needed
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years work experience
- Demonstrable interest and expertise in behavioral health
- Experience working with and/or knowledge of key players in NYC business community
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively in a fast-paced, start up environment
- A team player with ability to work across sectors and with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong project management skills, with an ability to anticipate, prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Professional demeanor that demonstrates warmth, responsiveness and credibility
- Graduate degree a plus
- Familiarity with NYC government and city agencies
- Knowledge of Human Resources systems and benefits plans
- Knowledge of essential computer application (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and database programs
FPHNYC offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume, with cover Letter, including salary requested and how your experience relates to this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Employer Engagement Manager_your name” in subject line.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.