1501 East Madison St
TITLE: Zero Energy Director
STATUS: Full-time, exempt position
REPORTS TO: CEO
LOCATION: Seattle, WA
BACKGROUND AND SCOPE
The International Living Future Institute (ILFI), a dynamic and solutions-oriented non-profit, seeks an exceptional Zero Energy Director to support its programs. ILFI’s mission is to lead and support the transformation toward communities that are socially just, culturally rich and ecologically restorative. The successful candidate must exhibit a strong passion for the environment and the organization’s mission.
The Zero Energy Director serves a key leadership role in the organization. The Director will be responsible for leading and scaling our Zero Energy Building and Zero Carbon Building programs globally. The Director’s role includes creating and maintaining partnerships, creating and implementing a business development plan to increase the number of projects registering for the programs, consulting with unique or pivotal projects, public speaking and being the face of the programs globally as well as advising Living Building Challenge projects and staff on Zero Energy solutions for a wide range of projects globally. Additionally, together with the CEO, the Director is responsible for sourcing and closing funding opportunities including grants and sponsorships.
This Director will have exceptional program management skills, have the ability to grow a team long-term, and possess a strong vision for how to grow and scale a program globally. The successful candidate will be highly organized, a strategic thinker, a natural and inspirational leader and be comfortable working independently with minimal supervision. They will be able to manage multiple projects, partnerships, and staff simultaneously.
This job is full time, exempt, and requires a willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate after hours meetings and travel as needed. ILFI has offices in Seattle, WA, Portland, OR, and Pittsburgh, PA as well as additional remote staff across the country. This position will require frequent travel across the US and possibly beyond.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Lead the Zero Energy and Zero Carbon programs to scale, resulting in thousands of certified projects globally
- Create and implement a business development plan to grow the programs
- Create and implement a workplan together with the Operations Director
- Oversee and mentor staff working on specific Zero Energy/Carbon projects
- Work together with the CEO and VP, Development to identify and secure funding for the program
- Secure and manage consulting projects for partners and projects collaboratively with the other program leaders.
- Create and manage a budget for the program using Intacct finance software
- Deliver talks, presentations and workshops on the programs and represent ILFI with professionalism and rigor.
- Minimum 15 years of related professional experience in managing green buildings and Zero Energy Buildings including consulting and public speaking.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field complimentary to job duties and/or mission of the organization. Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated deep familiarity with the Living Building Challenge program.
- 5-10 years’ experience with staff management, work planning, and budget management.
- 10+ years of client management and project management experience especially in fields related to the built environment and sustainable design.
- Strong graphic design eye and ability to guide staff in creating content that meets our branding standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, outreach and facilitation skills.
- Ability to effectively manage deadlines and delegate tasks as appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of stakeholders representing different organizations, backgrounds and perspectives.
- Experience with online solutions such as Eventbrite, Zoom, and Salesforce CRM.
- Mac OS familiarity.
- Living Future Accreditation and/or LEED Accreditation.
- Friendly, outgoing nature and an eagerness to serve the public interest.
ILFI offers a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented workplace that is mission driven. Compensation is commensurate with experience and is supplemented by ILFI’s generous benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, employee life insurance, 403(b) retirement matching, three weeks of paid annual leave and twelve days annual sick leave.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
THE INTERNATIONAL LIVING FUTURE INSTITUTE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe that our staff should reflect the diversity of the communities in which we live in order to achieve a living future that is socially just, cultural rich and ecologically restorative. We are committed to hiring and advancing staff that represent voices from traditionally underrepresented populations.
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: “Last Name, First Name – Zero Energy Director”. Applications will be reviewed beginning June 22nd, 2018 and the position will remain open until filled.