Details: Commensurate with experience.
3 Crossroads Drive
Under the direction of the Chief Development Officer, the primary role of this position is to manage and expand CSCCNJ's portfolio of corporate and foundation donors. The Development Manager ensures that the organization achieves its annual revenue goals through the stewardship of strong relationships and partnerships with current and prospective grant funders. This position will also be involved in supporting the annual giving program and gala.
- Work with Senior Staff to strategically develop and execute an annual plan for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, stewarding and retaining institutional funding in support of CSCCNJ’s operating budget, capital improvements and programs.
- Conduct research, identify prospective funders and maintain leads and documentation in Salesforce.
- Analyze funder guidelines to carefully ensure that proposals meet funder requirements and align to the mission, programs and goals of Cancer Support Community Central NJ.
- Develop and write grant proposals to foundations, corporations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders.
- Assemble and submit grant requests, supporting documentation including letters, proposals, budgets and presentations.
- Ensure timely acknowledgement of corporate and foundation gifts.
- Maintain a calendar to ensure timely submissions of letters of inquiry, proposals and reports.
- Keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meeting deadlines and managing supplemental materials and activities required for proposals.
- Gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Provide regular written updates to corporate and foundation donors.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Other Development Responsibilities (30%)
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of the Annual Giving Campaign.
- Responsible for the coordination of the organization's signature fundraising event.
401 K and Employer Match
25 PTO days
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Subject line: Development Manager/Grant Writer