Details: Competitive salary; generous benefits
930 Tamalpais Avenue
The Development Associate Position provides administrative support for the Whistlestop Development function providing support for fundraising including database oversight and data management; donor stewardship; donor research and special event coordination. Supports development team, volunteer ambassadors and advisors including the 2018-2020 Capital Campaign Cabinet.
Donor Database and Donor Correspondence
- Accurate daily entry of donations and pledges received into Raiser's Edge NXT.
- Generate mail merge for sending out accurate acknowledgement letters daily for submission to DMD to review, and sign.
- Send New Donor Welcome packets to first time supporters.
- Oversee volunteers who assist with stuffing envelopes, making thank you calls, and other office tasks.
- Daily maintenance of donor database.
- Mine the database through reports and make recommendations on donors to contact.
- Support multiple fundraising mailed appeal campaigns by providing donor lists and reports in requested Excel format to the fundraising consultants.
- Enter mail codes indicating the mailing list sources into database.
- Maintain consistent standards for acknowledgement of gifts, send acknowledgement letter within four days. Make or organize with volunteers phone calls to all donors over $250 acknowledgement. Send annual end-of-year statement to all donors over $250 and to all monthly donors.
- Reconcile donations monthly with Finance Department and keep organized paper records for reconciliation and audits.
-Maintain a process manual of all key database functions.
Capital Campaign Support
- Assist the Capital Campaign team in their efforts to raise $10M.
- Schedule and manage logistics for attendees.
- Make calls to arrange donor meetings for DMD, Development Strategist and CEO.
- Conduct donor research using DonorSearch, US Search and Google.
- Create and print prospect packets for each Cabinet member with profiles and research.
- Act as the Whistlestop point of contact with the event consultants for Whistlestock, assisting with all aspects of the event planning.
- Assist with planning and implementation of spring comedy fundraising event.
- Work with event coordinator to generate save the date, invitations and thank you mailings, and track RSVPs and complimentary tickets.
- Assist on-site at various events.
- Order donor acknowledgement stationary needs.
- Maintain nametag supplies.
- Proofread department development and marketing materials.
- Check newspaper for obituaries and send condolence cards to families in database.
- Three (3) years' experience in an administrative position (supporting fundraising, sales, or other related area is desired).
- Two (2) years' experience in a nonprofit fundraising, donor development or related role is desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication; familiarity with fundraising appeals, acknowledgements and correspondence is desired.
- Working knowledge of Raiser's Edge, Donor Search (or equivalent) as well as typical donor database features and reports.
- Knowledge of database structures, running custom reports, exporting/importing data, customizing fields, setting up new campaign tracking.
- Experience managing logistics for events and meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with donors, clients, partners, volunteers, coworkers and the public.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion and demonstrate good judgment.
- Submit to background check and fingerprinting and upon hire, demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States.
Whistlestop is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and a statement of interest.