ECONOMIC INCLUSION PROGRAM MANAGER NORTHWEST REGION Emerald Cities Collaborative (ECC) is a non-profit collaborative of community organizations, government, business, and labor working together to advance a sustainable environment and creating greater economic opportunities traditionally underserved communities. Based in Washington, D.C, ECC works on a national level as well as in 6 regional markets. ECC partners are united around the goal of rapidly greening our nation’s metropolitan regions to advance triple bottom line outcomes: equity, environment, and economy. ECC actively advances Economic inclusion, the creation of economic opportunities for under-served BIPOC communities that is integral to achieving a transition towards sustainable economies.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION The Economic Inclusion Program Manager, NW Region, position is based in Washington or Oregon. Full-time Salaried Position, $75,000 to $90,000 DOE The successful candidate will implement policies, models and programs that advance Emerald Cities Collaborative’s mission with a focus on creating family wage careers, business opportunities and community wealth for black and brown communities by leveraging investments in clean energy, affordable housing, and other infrastructure projects.
1. Program and administrative management, and further development ECC’s Clean Energy Opportunity Hub - Northwest.
a. Support increasing the diversity of workers in the green economy by managing ECC’s HVAC Training Program and other programs laddered training, certifications, and recruitment from underrepresented communities. Align current training with careers in building engineering, the HVAC industry, affordable housing and building electrification efforts.
b. Manage the E-Contractor Academy and aligned mentoring and support efforts that provide contractor education, training, and business opportunities for minority owned businesses in clean energy and general construction positioning them for growth and wealth-building in their communities.
c. Explore the development of new programs that support the Clean Energy Opportunity Hub’s goal of developing comprehensive opportunities for BIPOC communities in clean energy and other construction.
d. Explore the develop and implementation of programs to create opportunities for BIPOC youth in the clean energy economy including youth apprenticeships, STEM programs and ACES (Architecture, Construction and Engineering Students) Pathway Program Youth.
2. Support diverse training, hiring, procurement, and contracting programs in the region. Active projects include work with Seattle City Light, the City of Seattle, and State of WA.
3. Develop revenue-generating opportunities through grants and contracts to provide economic inclusion services to public, non-profit and private sector organizations.
4. Participate in regional and national activities supporting Emerald Cities Collaborative’s mission and vision.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
● Minimum of 4 years of experience in either workforce/economic development, and/or community economic development working with disadvantaged communities.
● Bachelor of Arts or equivalent life experience.
● Strong commitment to advancing racial, gender and social equity.
Desired Experience and Attributes:
● Strong leadership aptitude.
● Program design/development.
● Communications/marketing to diverse communities and partners.
● Strategic and task oriented.
● History of working with and relationships with BIPOC community-based organizations and leaders.
● Success in working with multiple constituencies – labor, community, industry, and government.
● Strong writing, verbal communication, and analytical skills.
● Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work as a self-starting member of a team.
● Ability to multi-task - organized and flexible.
Emerald Cities Seattle is committed to hiring and advancing personnel with an explicit regard to advance women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and other people from communities traditionally underrepresented in the environmental and energy efficiency sectors
ECONOMIC INCLUSION PROGRAM MANAGER NORTHWEST REGION Emerald Cities Collaborative (ECC) is a non-profit collaborative of community organizations, government, business, and labor working together to advance a sustainable environment…
Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, 401k.
Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, 401k.