The Bertha Centre is seeking a highly competent and enterprising Senior Project Manager within the Health Systems Innovation portfolio. This individual will lead efforts that empower and support government innovators and their partners to conceptualise, implement and embed high impact, outcomes-oriented partnerships and health financing opportunities. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for:
▪ Strategic leadership and practice development within health financing such as developing strategic and operational plans in accordance with identified needs and opportunities for public service outcomes and related innovations.
▪ Market building and thought leadership around health financing and within the Health Systems Innovation portfolio
▪ Maintaining a current perspective of the government services environment, key trends, needs and opportunities in health and health finance
▪ Demonstrating & testing high-impact potential OBCs, impact bonds, outcomes funds and other financial innovations
▪ Designing and convening market building initiatives
▪ Representing the Bertha Centre and the SAMRC in high-stakes settings, including participation at national and international conferences and events
▪ Capacity building such as developing trainings and workshops for internal (MRC) and external (public/private) stakeholders regarding work within the Health Systems Innovation portfolio
▪ Managing project operations ensuring long-term financial sustainability or workstream, including writing strong grant proposals to guarantee funding for future projects and manage current grant funding for Bertha Centre/MRC as appropriate
Ideal candidates for the role of Senior Project Manager would bring (Educational & Experience Requirements):
▪ A relevant post-secondary qualification at NQF level 7, or at NQF level 6 with two years’ additional relevant experience
▪ A background in finance, impact investing, public health, health policy, or other relevant experience (min 4 years’ experience)
▪ Practical experience in implementing and managing projects funded by international donors
▪ Extensive experience working with stakeholders across sectors (including private, public, and civil society)
▪ Experience raising funding for innovative finance and impact investing projects from different stakeholders
▪ High levels of initiative and eagerness to break new ground
▪ Strong project management capabilities
▪ Comfortable navigating and managing within complex environments
▪ Comfortable managing relationships with high-level partners and senior leadership
▪ Ability to work under tight deadlines and deliver high quality work
▪ Highly organized, and effective in delivering on set objectives across multiple projects and initiatives
Contract would be for a two-year term (with possibility of renewal conditional to funding and performance) and compensation range commensurate on experience within job grade.
The Bertha Centre is seeking a highly competent and enterprising Senior Project Manager within the Health Systems Innovation portfolio. This individual will lead efforts that empower and support government innovators and their…
To apply, please visit http://www.gsb.uct.ac.za/workforus, select the job you wish to apply for, follow the brief registration process at the bottom of the advert, and submit the following documents:
• UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
• Letter of motivation, and
• Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
Reference number: E200282
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be expected to undergo a competency assessment.
Closing date: 30 October 2020
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.hr.uct.ac.za/hr/policies/employ_equity.
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.
To apply, please visit http://www.gsb.uct.ac.za/workforus, select the job you wish to apply for, follow the brief registration process at the bottom of the advert, and submit the following…