3300 Whitehaven Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Georgetown University’s Center for Children and Families is hiring a Senior Research Associate to conduct qualitative and quantitative research, provide policy analysis and author/co-author reports. CCF is committed to expanding and improving quality, affordable health coverage for America’s children and families. The center focuses principally on issues relating to low-income children and families with a particular emphasis on implementation and policy issues related to Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program, and the Affordable Care Act.
- Conduct research and data analysis on health policy issues, provide policy analysis work, author or co-author CCF’s written reports and support public presentations;
- Monitor and track activities associated with federal and state legislative and administrative changes to child and family health coverage;
- Provide assistance on writing projects pertaining to child and family health coverage issues;
- Help maintain CCF’s research library, child and family coverage statistics (including web-based resources), and research databases; and
- Assist in providing technical assistance to CCF staff, funders, national and state advocacy organizations, and others seeking information and data on child and family health coverage.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 5-7 years of work experience, preferably in health or social policy.
- Master’s Degree in public policy, public health, or related field (preferred).
- Strong writing and quantitative skills.
- Proficiency with Excel. Experience with statistical software packages preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a dynamic, team environment for a mission-oriented organization.
- Flexibility, initiative, and a willingness to tackle new projects as they arise.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply via the Georgetown University Careers website.