Socially-Minded Professionals Needed: Make Your Impact with NYC Teaching Fellows
- Job posted by NYC Department of Education
Subject: Socially-Minded Professionals Needed: Make Your Impact with NYC Teaching Fellows
Join a network of over 9,000 educators committed to creating a better future for the New York City students that need them most.
What is The NYC Teaching Fellows Program?
The NYC Teaching Fellows is preparing a critical mass of exceptional teachers committed to a better future for NYC students. This means our teachers go where they’re needed the most – they teach in high-need communities; at schools with high populations of students with disabilities or English language learners; and in the Bronx where schools struggle to attract and retain quality educators. We know that when there are strong leaders are in the classroom, all students – no matter their circumstances – can achieve and succeed.
Fellows who successfully complete our rigorous training program become full-time teachers within a few months of enrolling. They participate in an innovative, practice-based summer training program and then earn a subsidized master's degree in education while teaching in a New York City public school. Fellows train to teach in subject areas including math, science, special education, and bilingual education.
Who We Look For
There is no one profile of an ideal candidate. You may have built a successful career in business or engineering and now wish to give back as a teacher. You could be a high-achieving recent graduate who majored in economics who now wants to share your passion for these subjects with NYC students. Whatever your background, you believe that every student can achieve at a high-level and will do whatever it takes to help them get there. We look for candidates who:
- Believe in social justice. You want to address and rectify the inequalities plaguing students’ communities.
- Crave feedback. You strive to be the best you can be at any challenge you undertake.
- Understand the power of practice. You work deliberately to perfect new techniques.
- Think on your feet. You can quickly devise solutions to unexpected challenges.
- Want to work hard and have fun. You bring passion and joy to your work, inspiring achievement and a real love of learning.
No prior teaching experience or education coursework is necessary.
How to Apply
BRING YOUR BEST. TEACH. www.nycteachingfellows.org
Minimum Education Required