The Controller/VP Finance reporting to the CFO will be planning & overseeing all F&A operations of Housing Works’ entities, overseeing budgeting, review journal entries, and cash flow management. Oversees the management of all the general accounting, journal entries, policies, internal controls and financial reporting of the organization.
- Financial Controls & Policies
- Review Journal Entries
- Team with CFO to review and improve financial reporting policies
- Oversee the implementation of recommendations made by the external audit team Financial Strategy
- Team with the CFO to develop the financial strategy and goals including reserves, financial performance of all entities & propose solutions, and cash and capital planning
- Team with the CFO to align fiscal management, short, long term financial planning and projections and raising of capital as required by Financial Reporting & Audit
- Partner with key departments and auditors to guarantee financial accuracy
- Prepare and Analyze Financial Statements Team Leadership
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; and promote a positive and supportive work environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance Required
- Master’s Degree in Accounting and Finance Required/CPA preferred
- CPE credits in US Taxation and Auditing, and Not-For-Profit Accounting
- Minimum five years of experience in fiscal management with demonstrated excellence in managing finance, journal entries, financial statement preparation, accounting, budgeting, control, audit, reporting and policies within an operational F&A dept.
- Experience in a complex nonprofit with multiple programs & entities across retail, property management, healthcare & fundraising.
- Solid experience in Journal Entries, Preparation and Analysis of Financial Statements, month end close process, system improvements, internal controls, P&P etc.
- Knowledge of healthcare accounting principles and experience preparing UDS, CFRS, Medicaid/Medicare cost reports is required
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains, E-Clinical Works and Microsoft Excel (Macro-level) – experience working closely with accounting system is required
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and unwavering commitment to the mission;
- Excellent analytical, excel and reporting skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Minimum Education Required