Details: Commensurate with experience
District of Columbia
Students deserve to attend high-quality schools that provide rigorous instruction, a safe learning environment, and experiences that will best prepare them for a myriad of career and life opportunities. Yet, thousands more across the District of Columbia have limited access to quality educational options – and it doesn’t have to be that way. At KIPP DC, each day we see thousands of students arrive to school at KIPP DC ready to learn and grow. We aspire to improve life outcomes for the next generation of Washingtonians by equipping students and alumni with the knowledge, skills, and mindsets to become thoughtful, intentional citizens in the competitive world and lead successful lives full of choice and opportunity.
We are looking for a highly dedicated Occupational Therapist who will bring a “whatever it takes” attitude to helping children succeed. KIPP DC Occupational Therapists are responsible for delivering effective, high-quality, interventions that are data driven. KIPP DC staff approach work with sense of possibility and sees challenges as opportunities for creative problem solving. KIPP DC gives its students an intensive foundation in the core academic subjects with an emphasis on developing the knowledge and skills necessary for success in school and in life. The KIPP DC community holds itself to high standards, cognizant that success can be achieved by all, regardless of challenging circumstances, through team work, tenacity and focused dedication.
• Collaborate with the Student Support Services team to ensure understanding of student occupational performance strengths and needs through evaluation, educational program planning, and service delivery
• Develop occupationally based intervention plans based on student needs and evaluation results
• Participate in multidisciplinary meetings to review evaluation results, integrate findings with other disciplines, offer recommendations, and develop individualized education plans and intervention plans to achieve IEP goals
• Provide targeted, evidence-based therapeutic intervention to facilitate student participation and occupational performance within the school environment
• Provide continuing education and in-service training for educational personnel, parents, and community based service providers
• Participate in case conferences to discuss student goals and plans
• Conduct Occupational evaluations
• Provide, document and provide general supervision to OT Interns
Serve as a full-time and engaged member of KIPP DC's staff, including activities like attendance to teacher/staff meetings, accompanying students on field lessons, assisting with student recruitment and enrichment activities, and working with other staff members to ensure fulfillment of KIPP DC's mission.
• Bachelor’s degree (required)
• Candidates should have successfully completed and graduated from an accredited occupational therapy professional program recognized by NBCOT and have completed all fieldwork requirements (required)
• Two years of experience as an occupational therapist, preferably in school system or other pediatric practice setting (preferred)
• Commitment to working with underserved students (required)
• Experience working in in a public school (preferred)
• Experience working in an urban school (preferred)
• Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work as a member of a team
• A deep commitment to develop and contribute to a community of educators
• Flexible and enthusiastic
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
KIPP DC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package:
• Salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience
• KIPP DC offers its employees 100% employer-paid medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance
• KIPP DC also offers its employees a 403(b) retirement account with employer contributions and matches vesting after 3 years
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply immediately, as applications are accepted and roles are filled on a rolling basis starting in the fall. All interested applicants should visit online at http://www.kippdc.org/careers/apply-now/, and click “Occupational Therapist” job posting located under “Non-Instructional Positions.” If you have any questions, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.