Details: Generous Benefits Package
417 N 8th Street
We are looking for a gifted education professional for a full-time opportunity in Philadelphia.
ITWorks is a technology training program for young adults, 18-26 years old, who have a GED or high school diploma but have not completed college. The program consists of 11 weeks of intensive classroom training followed by a technology certification and a 5-week internship inside the IT department at a for-profit or nonprofit organization.
Students work toward their Cisco IT Essentials classroom certification and CompTIA A+ professional certification. Students also receive intensive career guidance, mentoring, and valuable life skills that will help them succeed in their new careers.
ITWorks provides these students with an experience that will help improve their income potential for life. All these services are provided free of charge to the student and are supported by the generosity of corporations, foundations, and individual donors.
Our students are driven, and high-performing, but each has had a unique challenge that prevented them from completing college.
We are looking for a technology experienced individual who can both transfer their knowledge to a group of eager students and help match those students with opportunities in the technology field.
We currently run the program in three cities and will train you in what you will need to be successful. Limited travel to Philadelphia PA may be required. You should have an affinity for technology or direct experience with it. Prior knowledge of the curriculum or deep knowledge in IT is not required.
- Have a strong sense of accountability for student achievement.
- Have the ability to successfully complete the CompTIA A+ certification if not already attained.
- Have 3-5 years of experience in a technical field.
- Create a positive classroom environment and foster learning.
- Work tirelessly to keep our student’s motivated and help them create belief in themselves.
- Have the ability to adjust instructional strategies in order to reach the program’s goals.
- Prep program laptops by establishing and maintaining an image with appropriate software
- Set-up and maintain a small classroom network with internet connectivity
Student Recruitment, Volunteer, and Internship Support
- Lead the applicant recruitment and interview process.
- Help coordinate and guide volunteers to deliver “Friday Session” professional and life-skills trainings.
- Be able to guide real-world scenarios that are outside of “core” course of study.
- Ensure students’ technical skills meet the needs of internship partners.
- Help maintain healthy and productive internship partnerships.
- Organized tracking of student documents, student data, phone calls, and logging information into databases, etc.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Tech Impact offers a competitive salary and benefits. Tech Impact is an equal opportunity employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Tech Impact embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, sex, gender identity, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
ADA SPECIFICATIONS (Physical demands that must be met in order to successfully complete the essential functions of the job) – must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Minimum Education Required