The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The International Paralegal assists TNC attorneys and other paralegals in providing legal services to advance TNC priorities and appropriately manage risk.
Responsibilities & Scope:
· Provides administrative support to the Latin America/Caribbean Legal group.
· Organizes, facilitates and takes notes of the Latin America/Caribbean Legal group’s meetings.
· Assists TNC attorneys with transactions, contracts, and filings (regulatory compliance, litigation, outside counsel, or other legal areas).
· Collects and manages legal files, in electronic and paper form.
· Drafts routine legal documents and correspondence for attorney and/or senior paralegal review.
· Assists with financial and accounting forms related to legal matters.
· Assists Operating Unit staff with preparation of authority approvals and other documents for attorney and/or senior paralegal review.
· Prepares check requests, wire instructions for authorization by attorney or senior paralegal, and is responsible for invoicing filing and management.
· Associate’s degree OR equivalent qualifications acquired through coursework and/or relevant work experience.
· Experience conducting research on the Internet and in other legal resources.
· Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
· Written and spoken fluency in English and either Spanish or Portuguese.
· Experience working across cultures.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Relevant administrative experience (contracts administration, corporate filings, transactions, regulatory compliance).
· Knowledge of SharePoint and database management.
· Written and spoken fluency in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
This is a full-time, hourly position.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for Job ID# 46597 in the keyword search. Please submit resume (required) and cover letter as one file using the upload buttons. Please DO NOT use the resume copy & paste feature, unless you experience technical difficulties with uploading. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on Friday, July 6, 2018.
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.