Kraft Family Building
126 High Street
Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking Community Connectors, Young Adults. We are hiring for two full time positions and one part-time position (10 hrs/wk).
Core to CJP’s mission is connecting more Young Adults (20’s and 30’s) to Jewish life, learning and community. We are building a cadre of Community Connectors to serve as peer mentors and identify young adults in their networks and in the community and helping them to craft their Jewish journeys.
These positions will require non-traditional hours including some nights in order to reach and connect with new young adults. The Community Connectors will work directly with and report to the Senior Director, Learning and Engagement and be responsible for an extensive relational engagement portfolio.
· Reaching and connecting new young adults, as well as deepening the engagement of those already connected, to each other and/or to the Greater Boston Jewish community and informing their Jewish journeys
· Empowering young adults to develop and implement their own Jewish experiences with and for their peers
· Facilitating a micro-funding process for young adults to create DIY events and program experiences
· Recording, tracking and measuring relationships, connections and program experiences
· Working cooperatively and collaboratively with a variety of CJP colleagues to ensure the success of the community connector initiative
· When applicable, staffing/attending trips, events and conferences
· Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation
· Bachelor’s degree
· Knowledge of Judaism and of young adults as a demographic; familiarity with the Greater Boston Jewish community a plus
· 1-3 years of professional experience.
· Creativity, resourcefulness and capacity for innovation
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills
· A team-oriented approach to work, a strong work ethic, a sense of humor, an ability to take risks, an openness to learning, flexibility to shift priorities
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities.
· Inspiring others about Judaism and the Jewish community, both through individual conversations and small group meetings
· Building relationships, community organizing, social networking with/for young adults in Greater Boston
· Appreciating and respecting the diversity of our community and everyone’s journey
· Understanding and utilizing technology as a tool to network and support engagement efforts
· Availability for evening and/or weekend events/meetings
· Requires travel to outside meetings and sites
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply as a full time Community Connector: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2009217
Please use this link to apply for the part-time position (10 hrs/wk) position:
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.