Human Resources Coordinator Opportunity at a Local Charter School!
The Human Resources Coordinator provides administrative support to the human resource department as needed, including record-keeping, recruiting, payroll and HRIS entry.
The HR Coordinator will also help maintain positive employee relations and work to ensure worker satisfaction through education of HR policies and by fostering a positive work environment. The incumbent must be highly organized, detail oriented and most importantly personable and approachable.
- Assist with health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations.
- Coordinates retirement enrollment for all locations and uploads monthly contributions
- Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks
- Collaborates with Director of Finance for payroll processing
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action
- Assists with processing of terminations
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Assist in the full hiring process of employees: includes recruitment, interviews, verifying work-history and references and tracking of new possible candidates in HRIS
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the HR Manager.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Prepares new-employee files
- Maintains accurate staffing listings and assists with audits
- Completes employee verification forms with some guidance
- Records ACT 48 hours in PERMS system
- Critical Evaluation
- Ethical Practice
- HR Expertise
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or 2+ years of related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Payroll experience is a must.
- Previous experience working in a school is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience with HRIS software.
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Background Check Clearance (Act 34)
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Record Check Clearance (Act 114)
- Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Clearance (Act 168)