114 West 14th Street
The Center for Urban Community Services, (CUCS), is proud to announce that it will be opening a co-located Drop-in Center and Safe Haven in lower Manhattan in September 2018. The program will provide case management and housing placement services to 70 to 90 people at the Drop-In Center and 24 people at the Safe Haven. For more information about the programs please see attached program announcement.
We are currently hiring for two overnight Case Manager positions for the Drop-In Center. The shift is M-F 12:00am-8:00am.
The overnight Case Manager is responsible for working with clients from both programs to help them obtain housing, help clients live full and satisfying lives in the community, help their team and program to function well and meet their contractual obligations including achieving contracted housing placement goals, and striving as appropriate to their role, to fulfill the CUCS programs’ core purpose, core values and vision statements. Some of the responsibilities of the overnight Case Manager include the following:
1) Fostering seamless service provision across shifts.
· Knowing and being able to communicate with clients about the program's mission, structure, and approach to treatment.
· Providing and documenting detail oriented information about a client to their workers and other program staff.
· Knowing program rules and reporting on rule violations.
· Conducting intake assessments to clients coming in to the drop in center.
2) Ensuring that clients are safe and comfortable.
· Responding to crises.
· Proactively working to create and/or maintain an environment which is safe and comfortable.
3) Providing and supporting opportunities for therapeutic recreation and socialization.
· Proactively working to engage clients in the program.
Experience and Education Required:
- CM 1: High school diploma and 2 years experience
- CM 2: Bachelors degree or HS diploma or equivalent and 4 years of relevant work experience
- CM 3: BSW and 1 year relevant experience (excluding fieldwork) or Bachelors degree and 2 years relevant experience or HS diploma and 6 years relevant experience
- For applicants without college degrees, every 30 credits can be substituted for 1year of experience
- Demonstrated ability to provide services to a specialized population, computer literacy and good written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team
Level of Language Proficiency
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred although not required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter to the following email address: email@example.com
- Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
- CUCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind