722 West 168th Street
The Technical Writer and Editor will create, review, revise, and edit content for the Population-Based HIV Impact Assessment (PHIA) Project’s (https://phia.icap.columbia.edu) technical publications (Summary Sheets, Final Reports), peer-reviewed publications, technical presentations, and website pages. She/he will create and update standard templates and will ensure consistency of content and style across publications and presentations produced across PHIA Project surveys.
Number of positions : 2
- Collaborate with Technical Specialists, Technical Director, Senior Technical Advisor, and Senior Communications Officer to produce Summary Sheets and Final Reports in a standardized format and in a timely fashion.
- Gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write technical presentations, procedure manuals and website pages.
- Develop content with a unified tone across all documentation, in multiple media forms to ensure maximum usability.
- Edit peer-reviewed publications.
- Assess new and existing documents for compliance with Global English standards and ICAP PHIA conventions
- Collaborate on the final design and layout for publications and presentations, suggest edits for clarity and consistency.
- Create (and update as needed) a PHIA Project style guide.
- Offer editing guidance on public or internal documents
- Perform other related duties as directed.
- BA in Communications, Journalism, or a related field of study (minimum).
- MA in Communications, Journalism, or a related field of study (preferred).
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Fiveyears of experience in technical writing and editing, preferably in the health or life sciences.
- Strong research, writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Outstanding proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Proficiency in one or more major style guidelines (AMA Manual of Style, Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, other).
- Excellent attention to detail and dedication to scientific rigor.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and adhere to tight timelines.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Exceptional command of English language writing and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience and skill in publication design and layout.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Acrobat Pro.
- Occasional domestic or international travel (10%) may be required to support technical writing workshops
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants may can submit their CV, cover letter, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.