POSITION: Maintenance Worker – The Muhlenberg Residence
REPORTS TO: Facilities Coordinator of The Mulhenberg Residence
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time/Part Time
The Maintenance Worker understands the importance of a well cared for facility and works to keep the structure of The Muhlenberg Residence in good repair and in clean and orderly condition.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Maintains the interior and exterior of The Muhlenberg Residence at the highest standard of excellence (clean and clear of debris, etc.).
- Paints and repairs windows (window blinds and balances), doors, floors, woodwork, sheetrock, plaster, and other parts of building structure.
- Performs basic plumbing, carpentry, tile work, locksmithing, and electrical services.
- Assembles and installs furniture, shelves and other building/office items.
- Sweeps and mops interior spaces; maintains wood floors; vacuums carpeted areas; strips, buffs and waxes floors and tiles.
- Completes janitorial work, including but not limited to trash removal; cleaning bathrooms/refilling bathroom items; cleaning kitchens, hallways, stairwells, offices, and other common areas (including storage, supply rooms, trash room and machinery rooms).
- Turns over apartments after tenants move out (removes old furniture, moves new furniture in, paints walls, etc.). Assists with cleaning tenant units when needed.
- Carries out seasonal tasks such as shoveling snow, salting/sanding sidewalks, installing and removing air conditioners.
- Orders, picks up, and maintains parts, supplies, and equipment; tracks and maintains up-to-date inventory.
- Records maintenance and repair work.
- Escorts and stays abreast of vendors working on the grounds.
- Represents Lutheran Social Service of New York’s mission, values, and ethics, and upholds agency Code of Conduct at all times.
- Handles other job-related duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Within the first 3 months of hire, FDNY S-95 Certificate of Fitness - Supervision of Fire Alarm Systems and Other Related Systems.
- Minimum 3 years in building maintenance or a related field.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of plaster, sheet rock, painting, plumbing, window balances/window repair, locksmithing, tile work, electrical work.
- Basic knowledge of health, cleanliness, security, and safety issues pertaining to building maintenance.
- Expertise with tools ranging from common hand tools to power tools to precision instruments.
- Strong time management skills, able to handle multiple tasks and assignments at once.
- Flexible, available to work some holidays and weekends.
Proficiency in internet navigation, E-mail, and Microsoft Word.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send all resumes and cover letters to the hiring supervisor, Rachel Bleecker, with “Maintenance Worker” in the subject line.
Director of Muhlenberg Residence
[with “Maintenance Worker” in the subject line]
----LSSNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer----