6100 S. Cottage Grove
The High School Coordinator, Academics & Enrichment reports to the Manager of Academics & High School Placement and plays an important role in supporting the academic growth and preparedness for 11th and 12th grade students. The High School Coordinator, Academics & Enrichment plays a leading role in proving quality out-of-school-time programming, while supporting each student in realizing their educational goals.
- Build a relationship and rapport with all MetroSquash high school students and their families while promoting the mission and values of MetroSquash
- Design curricula and teach academic enrichment sessions to strengthen core reading, writing, and numeracy skills for 11th and 12th grade students
- In partnership with the High School Coordinator for 9th and 10th grade, develop, schedule, and supervise all aspects of the High School Academic Program
- Partner with the MetroSquash Program Team to create and implement the weekend component of the program by organizing and participating in Saturday academic, cultural and life skills events
- Assist with the planning and supervision of MetroSquash-hosted squash events, field trips and travel
- Ensure the full participation and engagement of 11th and 12th grade students and their families, providing individualized support where needed
- Communicate regularly with school counselors, teachers, caregivers, and others in each student’s support system
- Collect, record, and monitor changes of all student data, including attendance, school grades, academic assessments, etc.
- Provide supervision of work-study tutors and volunteers during the after-school program
- Use MetroSquash database to track all aspects of the college application process
- Perform other job duties as assigned
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in Education, Psychology, Social Work, or related Youth Development field preferred
- Must have 2-5 years of experience working with youth; experience in an out-of-school-time learning environment a plus
- College access programming experience preferred
- Impeccable attention to detail & work ethic; self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Organized with the ability to manage deadlines under strenuous circumstances.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
General hours during the school year are Monday-Thursday, 11am – 7pm, and Friday, 10am – 6pm. Summer hours are generally Monday-Friday, 9am to 5pm. This position entails some travel and weekend work, averaging 2 Saturdays each month. Candidates can expect hours that at times extend beyond the scheduled workday.
Vacation and Benefits:
Twenty days paid vacation in the first year, 25 in the second year, and 30 in each subsequent year. Full health coverage, including dental.
Commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
Email resume and job specific cover letter to Janae Meyer, Chief Program Officer, at email@example.com.
No calls please.