JWF is committed to developing philanthropic leaders at every age and stage. No Small Change is a co-ed leadership program and giving circle for Jewish high school students (grades 9 - 12) in Palm Beach County who are interested in enhancing their leadership skills and learning about local social justice issues, strategic grant making, and the power of collective giving. Teens will learn and apply fundraising skills and collectively decide how to donate their funds.
No Small Change aspires to cultivate new Jewish philanthropists and leaders who
• feel a responsibility to the Jewish people and the greater world;
• want to become knowledgeable about gender equity and what it means to use a gender lens, both culturally and in grant making;
• can apply Jewish teachings and values that guide the practice of tzedakah and strategic philanthropy
• are financially literate and understand the basics of money management
We are interested in hiring 2 Program Directors to work together overseeing No Small Change for approximately 10-12 hours a month. The program meets two Sundays every month from January-May, from 2 - 4PM, in the JWF office. We are open to candidates of any gender identity.
• Coordinate and staff bi-monthly meetings with teen program participants
• Assist with recruiting teen participants from the local Jewish community
• Develop relationships with local Jewish agency and organization professionals who work with teens
• Ensure each teen has a positive experience and meets the expectations of the program.
• Secure meeting facilitators as needed
• Communicate with teens between meetings to develop rapport, monitor their fundraising efforts, and offer support/guidance as needed
• Share monthly updates with participants' parent(s)/guardian(s)
Education or Experience Equivalent to:
• Experience with teens in an educational context.
• Team work and group facilitation skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both teen and adult audiences.
• Program management and event planning experience
• Basic knowledge of Jewish texts, traditions, and culture
• Solid administrative ability
• Emotional Intelligence and strong relationship building skills
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited institution
• Creativity, ability to work independently, flexibility, and patience
• Proficiency with Microsoft office suite, basic computer skills and basic social media
• Support for the mission and work of JWF
• Knowledge of/connection to the local Jewish community
• Knowledge of Jewish textual and ethical underpinnings of philanthropy
• Knowledge of philanthropy, including strategic grant-making and fundraising
• Knowledge of feminism and gender lens grant making
JWF is committed to developing philanthropic leaders at every age and stage. No Small Change is a co-ed leadership program and giving circle for Jewish high school students (grades 9 - 12) in Palm Beach County who are interested in enhancing…
Please apply by sending a cover letter explaining your interest in the position along with a current resume (pdf only). Applicants who do not submit a cover letter will not be considered.