22245 Main Street, Suite 200
The Residential Clinical Social Worker is part of a multidisciplinary team that provides residential based therapeutic services to 6 youth. The overall goal is to collaborate with residents to help them transition safely into adulthood. This involves actively supporting and implementing a trauma informed, strengths-based, culturally competent, client-centered approach to working with Transition Age Youth (TAY).
Esser House provides residentially based supports to TAY in need of intensive out of home placement services. It specializes in serving Commercially Sexually Exploited Youth (CSEY), with the goal of transitioning clients to a lower level of care. The residential program provides a safe and supportive environment for youth to practice daily living skills, address personal issues, improve social skills, develop family support and prepare for independent living.
- Provide intensive, individual, clinical case management for a caseload of 6 youth in a residential setting
- Partner with youth in: Completing strength-based needs assessments, creating a treatment plan and developing short and long term goals, as well as identifying and working on mental health goals
- Work with youth to identify obstacles to living independently, obtaining employment, obtaining post-secondary education, and in developing supportive social and recreational activities
- Plan and facilitate daily therapeutic groups and activities
- Ensure culturally sensitive and relevant treatment and residential care
- Oversee and direct treatment interventions, including group therapy and rehabilitation
- Transport youth in vehicle as needed
- A Master’s of Social Work (MSW) degree from an accredited college or university.
- Possession of current California registration with BBS; ASW required, LCSW preferred
- A minimum of 4 years of experiencing working with youth who have experienced various trauma, criminal-justice involved youth, and/or youth served by the mental health system, and their families, preferably including experience in residential and foster care programs.
- Experience working with Commercially Sexually Exploited Youth (CSEY) strongly preferred. Individuals with lived experience encouraged to apply.
- Must be 21 years old or older
- Clearance of TB test, physical exam, fingerprints and any other mandatory State/Federal requirements.
- A valid California driver's license, personal automobile for use on the job, insurable by SHS’ insurance policy based on DMV record and personal vehicle insurance.
Esser House is a program of Sunny Hills Services, a Joint Commission Accredited mental and behavioral health community non-profit operating in Marin, Sonoma, Napa and Alameda Counties.
Sunny Hills Services is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, Vietnam era or other veteran status.
Minimum Education Required