Do important work that matters! The Representation Project is looking for dynamic doers to join our team. Together, we’re inspiring individuals and communities to challenge and overcome limiting stereotypes and gender norms so that everyone can fulfill their human potential. Join our staff as the Distribution Manager. Full-time position, Bay Area OR remote worker.
As Sales and Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for generating leads, closing sales, and providing customer service for our corporate screenings, community screenings, and curricular distribution. We ask that you have a spirit of collaboration, self motivation, and service, with a passion for the mission of our organization.
We are looking for a teammate who takes initiative, but also knows how to be a team player and ask for help. Our ideal candidate will demonstrate a high level of capacity for providing excellent customer support and resolving issues. If you love building relationships with people, love closing deals, and are experienced in leveraging Salesforce to manage customer opportunities, we can’t wait to meet you. Learn more about us at www.therepresentationproject.org.
Sales Outreach Management
- Develop and implement an outreach strategy for sales of corporate screenings to US based HR contacts who wish to use a film screening as part of an internal culture change initiative, ERG initiative, product team training, or executive team session
- Develop and implement an outreach strategy to increase reach of educational curricula sales and community screenings
- Coordinate with communications team to create and implement a marketing communications plan, which includes promotional strategies and strategic engagement of our online audience
- Track all customer interactions in Salesforce, generating and managing opportunities and tracking through to close, payment, and customer service Sales Process Management • Ensure efficiency and effectiveness of processes around all sales
- Maintain the integrity of internal CRM system, Salesforce
- Manage our ecommerce systems (Shopify, Fulfillrite, Apruve, etc.) to track and complete sales
- Support and guide organizers of screenings to ensure successful events and execute the screening follow-up process Revenue Tracking and Departmental Infrastructure
- Track to monthly revenue targets and adjust daily work plan accordingly
- Generate accurate monthly revenue reports
- Track and actively manage all Accounts Receivable
- Update records in Box and all other information systems so that systems reflect the same data
- Work with cross-departmental team to continually improve our use of Salesforce
- You’ve got what it takes if most of these describe you and you feel confident you can learn the rest!
- Proven passion for advancing gender equality and an ability to connect authentically with corporate customers, educators, and nonprofit leaders who are your customers
- Experience selling a learning experience (not a widget) to corporate and/or education/nonprofit customers. Bonus if you have experience selling a film or media-based product
- Wired for relationship-based sales and the experience selling to corporate customers to prove it
- Detail orientation balanced by an ability to streamline and simplify wherever possible
- Experience using Salesforce to track, close, and manage sales while working towards a defined revenue goal
- Highly collaborative work-style and a “pitch in” attitude that’s a fit for a start-up culture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to professionalism and detail – a degree that helped hone those skills is a plus!
- Way-above-average ability to self-manage, use time effectively, and stay connected to colleagues and customers
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as your subject line. We will follow up with you directly for next steps in the recruiting process, as appropriate. Thank you again for your interest in our mission we value your support and passion!
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required