The Grassroots Fundraising Director is responsible for planning, development and implementation of all the Organization’s grassroots/peer-to-peer fundraising strategies, events and grassroots donor stewardship efforts. In this role, the Grassroots Fundraising Director will lead the efforts of the grassroots fundraising team and coordinate at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the Organization. This role is vital to our growth plans to help raise more funds for research to develop new, improved and less toxic treatments for pediatric cancer.
The Grassroots Fundraising Director reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
This position participates with the Founder, Executive Director and other management staff in charting the direction of the Organization, assuring its accountability to all constituencies, and ensuring its effective operation.
Within the Organization, the position has primary working relationships with the Director of Marketing, the senior management team, Grassroots Fundraising staff, the staff of the Marketing/Communications/PR function, and leading grassroots/peer-to-peer fundraising donors.
Specific Job Duties
- Grassroots Fundraising Vision, Strategy & Leadership
- Develop comprehensive plan to focus grassroots/peer-to-peer fundraising efforts within the Organization’s highest value time period, and with leading Grassroots Fundraising donors. Align grassroots/peer-to-peer fundraising incentives, PR, corporate partner and influencer support to maximize focus on this key time period and ensure grassroots fundraising and engagement goals are met
- Oversee online fundraising pages and grassroots/peer-to-peer tools to ensure appropriate support of year-round grassroots donor interest as well
- Grassroots Fundraising execution
- Lead execution of grassroots/peer-to-peer fundraising strategy, with goal of exceeding $1.5M by December 31, 2019
- Work closely with leading Grassroots Fundraising donors to maximize their engagement and fundraising potential
- Collaborate with all internal teams to ensure Organization’s overall fundraising and engagement goals are met
- Team Development/Management
- Manage the Grassroots Fundraising Manager, setting performance goals and supporting achievement
- Work closely with the Marketing team to direct efforts of the Social Media Manager in communicating with Cookies’ email and direct mail audiences and on Cookies’ website
- Recommend additional grassroots/peer-to-peer fundraising support staff and resources as needed to meet Cookies’ financial goals
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of grassroots/peer-to-peer fundraising activities that lead to fundraising growth
- Strong strategic, analytical, organizational, creative and sales skills
- Experience onboarding, evaluating and managing online peer-to-peer fundraising tools and software
- Experience hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising fundraising personnel
- Demonstrated successful experience leading fundraising campaigns resulting in over $1M raised annually
- Experience utilizing donor database management (Salesforce, Blackbaud) and fundraising analytics tools
- Digital literacy
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
- Superior project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Minimum of 5-6 years experience in development with demonstrated success supporting grassroots/peer-to-peer fundraising efforts
- Experience working with volunteers is desirable
- Overnight travel is required
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, well-loved organization. We are seeking an individual of outstanding quality with a respected track record. Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is prepared to offer a very attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary as well as health, 401(k), and vacation benefits. Salary range $80,000-90,000.
Minimum Education Required