9420 Wilshire Boulevard, 2ND Floor
The BHBA seeks assistance in its accounting department. Reporting to the Director of Administration and Finance, the accounting assistant will provide support with accounts receivable, cash receipts, accounts payable, general ledger analysis, contract administration and document retention.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process accounts payable invoices (including credit card transactions), including setting up vendors, obtaining W-9 forms when needed, approval from department heads, entering transactions into accounting software, generating aging reports, preparing disbursement checks and filing supporting documentation. Disburse petty cash with supporting documents and receipts.
- Process accounts receivables, including setting up customers, preparing customer invoices, generating aging reports for bi-weekly check runs, posting cash receipts, prepare deposits, generate and mail statements and filing of supporting documents.
- Reconcile all credit card receipts into QuickBooks, obtaining approvals and scheduling payments.
- Assists Director of Administration and Finance to administer vendor and sponsorship contracts, maintain compliance with document retention and archival procedures, as well as maintaining contract reports.
- Process Capital Campaign pledges payments and Foundation donations, prepare monthly and/or year-end tax acknowledgments, obtain appropriate signatures, ensure mailings, and maintain document retention archival procedures as well as donor reports in Excel from QB.
- Email hourly staff employees for time sheet submissions for payroll processing.
- Assist with creating employee HR files, copies of employment eligibility ID, and I-9 forms.
- Assists Director of Administration and Finance in preparation of Board, Executive Committee and Ways and Means meetings.
- Research business development and grants for non-profit arm such as Ralphs Community Partner and Amazon Smile programs.
- Special projects research and reports.
- Preform light receptionist and administrative duties.
- Assists Director of Administration and Finance with other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong skills in the use of a personal computer and various software packages including Microsoft Office, Excel and QuickBooks Enterprise Edition. (i.e. downloading QB reports into Excel).
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers, vendors, department representatives, volunteer members and the general public
- Ability to handle and resolve basic accounting problems.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Knowledge of accounting through first intermediate course.
- Skills to type 50 words per minute.
- Knowledge of business communications, including formatting of letters, memoranda and reports.
- Knowledge of office procedures, telephone communications, office systems and record keeping.
Special Requirements: Willingness to work flexible hours as required by the Director of Administration & Finance.
Health Insurance, 401(K) with match, 10 holidays, 10 vacation days, 4 sick leave, 4 personal days, military leave, and jury duty.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required