The Admissions Data Entry Assistant is a temporary, part-time position up to 15 hours per week from October to April responsible for the recruitment, admission, and enrollment of high school students for The Experiment in International Living summer abroad programs. This person will be responsible data entry of student, parent and educator contact information, as well as event information, for the admissions office and processing of information in both the Student Information System and the Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) database.
Working closely with the Global Admissions Manager, s/he will process student admissions and financial aid information, manage departmental IT systems and assist with recurring and special reports, and assist with data entry. Working in a team environment during peak periods and as needed, this position will support other enrollment, recruitment, office and program support functions as assigned.
- Manage The Experiment database and ensure admission systems integrity, including but not limited to: data entry and reporting and assisting with on-line application and web-based admissions materials.
- Daily office operations. Included but not limited to: receipt and distribution of departmental mail, receiving phone messages, managing and organizing files and ordering and maintaining office supplies.
- Support admissions counselors in the field through coordinating the shipping of materials, completing check requests for events and other tasks as needed.
- Identify and implement new efficiencies and troubleshoot admissions and communications systems.
- Assist with correspondence with prospective participants using our webchat system.
- Assist with on-going admissions projects.
- A.A./A.S. in an information technology field plus a minimum of one to three years of relevant technical experience, or a combination of education and experience that meets job responsibilities.
- One to three years of data/office management experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Data entry experience.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented office.
- Experience with a CRM (e.g. Salesforce) and Datatel (Colleague) is preferred.
Why World Learning
Eighty years ago, a group of young Americans sailed to Germany on a cultural exchange program. They returned home with lifelong friendships, a broader understanding of the world, and the ability to empathize with people from other cultures. This was the beginning of The Experiment in International Living. It was also the beginning of World Learning.
The Experiment in International Living is still a vibrant part of World Learning today. But as global needs have grown, World Learning has grown too. Today World Learning operates the SIT graduate school, study abroad programs, and leads international development and civic activism programs throughout the world.
In 60 countries with an annual budget of over $100 million, World Learning empowers people and strengthens institutions that help people learn, grow, and thrive.
Nobel Peace Prize winners and heads of parliament have earned master’s degrees at our School of International Training. College students spend a semester abroad in our Study Abroad program. Judges, police officers and other community leaders hone their skills through our international exchanges. Activists in Myanmar learn community organizing through our international development program.
Today, more than ever, the world needs fully engaged global citizens who recognize what it means to build bridges of tolerance, respect, and understanding and have the knowledge, skills, and international experience to assume leadership positions in the world. At this moment of unprecedented, acute, international need and opportunity, World Learning is responding by re-investing in its programs, deepening their impact, and implementing a global vision for the future.
“World Learning is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action/veterans/ADA employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.”
Minimum Education Required