Representative Payee (Social Services - Money Management - Caseload)
- Job posted by Tenderloin Housing Clinic
126 Hyde Street
PO Box 423240
We are looking for a compassionate, customer service driven professional with a desire to work directly with a caseload of clients, many of whom are formerly homeless and dually diagnosed. This is a great opportunity for an organized professional with skills in budgeting or money management.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This is a full-time, benefited position with Tenderloin Housing Clinic (THC), Monday - Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm. The Representative Payee provides comprehensive money management services to low-income residents of Single Room Occupancy (SRO) hotels in San Francisco who receive income from the Social Security Administration, many of whom are formerly homeless.
Tenderloin Housing Clinic (THC) is a non-profit housing, support services, legal, and advocacy organization. THC provides housing and comprehensive services that help disenfranchised low-income people in San Francisco gain stability. THC's mission and values are key to successfully supporting our clients.
- Maintain a caseload of 70 SSI/SSA individuals requiring Representative Payee services.
- Safeguard agency and client monies and be accountable for check security policies.
- Conduct budgeting, bill-paying, and all other tasks inherent in providing money management services to clients in a way that is supportive of clients' best interests.
- Complete, process, and file all necessary paperwork to initiate and/or maintain clients' SSI/SSA benefits in order to ensure ongoing monthly income and client stability.
- Outreach to potential clients who may need Representative Payee services and existing clients who are disengaging from services.
- Receive and process rent payments from clients/tenants, as requested, in accordance with THC's goal of increasing housing retention.
A successful candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum of 2 years of college required; BA/BS degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working directly with diverse, low-income individuals
- Minimum of 1 year or experience working directly with individuals with dual diagnoses
- Bilingual abilities preferred
- Very strong customer service skills
- Ability to establish and maintain organized case files for a caseload of 70 clients
- Experience providing money management services preferred
- Understanding of rent pro-ration and terms of tenancy preferred
- Knowledge of San Francisco resources preferred; ability to direct clients to appropriate resources
THC offers a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, and vision insurance for full-time employees and their eligible spouse/children, as well as a 403b plan, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, long-term disability, 12 paid vacation and 12 sick days, 11 paid holidays and 4 floating holidays annually.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To express interest in this opportunity, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Tenderloin Housing Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.