1640 Columbia Road, NW
Background: The Festival Center is a nonprofit that values and promotes hospitality, justice, education, and spiritual formation. The Center provides rental space for mission driven individuals and organizations, a year long internship program, and educational programs focused on faith and societal issues. The Center has been in operation since 1989 as an important community space for churches, nonprofits, and social events. Today, The Festival Center continues to be a home to various nonprofit organizations, numerous faith communities, and community-based events. In addition to offering hospitality, the Festival Center offers two programs. The first program, Discipleship Year, affords volunteers the opportunity to intern at nearby non-profits and live in community in Adams Morgan. Soteria Community School, the second program, provides programs and events that focus on theological and political education.
Job Summary: This position involves working closely with the External Relations Manager and the Executive Director of The Festival Center to coordinate the rental space the Center offers, prepare, set up, and clean up for special events, be a point of contact for guests of The Festival Center, and to support the daily operations of the Center. This position is supervised by the External Relations Manager of the Festival Center.
· Setting up furniture, equipment, and providing access to guests. As well as cleaning up after events, returning furniture and equipment to their proper locations.
· Monitor guests and the facility during events and serve as a point of contact.
· Understanding requirements for each event including, but not limited to, start and end time, payment schedule, and room arrangement specifications.
· Schedule events by providing inquirers with pertinent information, providing quotes, and handling payment,
· Be available to responds to the needs of guests
· Oversee event happenings and act quickly to resolve problems
· Support the External Relations Manager and the Executive Director in the daily operations of The Festival Center
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time while working on a computer and/or desktop.
· Must be able to communicate with others over the phone and via email.
· Must be able to move and transport up to 30 lbs of packages and equipment.
· Must be very flexible and able to work evenings and weekends and occasional mornings.
Qualifications and Special Requirements:
· Ability to interact with all guests, tenants, staff, and the community in a professional manner.
· Ability to proficiently operate a computer, email system, and Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
· Ability to work up to 30 hours per week.
· Able to handle stress and remain calm
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Must have attention to detail and value accuracy in work.
· Must undergo a background check. Failure of background check is not prohibitive.
· Applicant must agree to authorize The Festival Center to contact, obtain, and verify the accuracy of information contained in his/her application from all previous employers, educational institutions, and references.
· Proficiency in Spanish.
Pay and Benefits:
· Pay range $13.25/hr, up to 30 hours per week.
· The Festival Center offers health insurance, annual paid leave, and sick leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply for consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Please send resume and cover letter explaining why you are qualified for this position to: email@example.com.
The Festival Center is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This job posting does not constitute an agreement or contract for any specified or guaranteed length of employment. Accordingly, The Festival Center may terminate the at-will employment relationship, with or without cause, at any time, unless otherwise prohibited by law. Any misrepresentation or material omission made on this application will be sufficient cause for cancellation of this application or immediate termination of employment if the applicant is employed, whenever such misrepresentations or material omissions may be discovered.